Friday, February 17, 2006

And so begins the Blog...
What to say, what to say.
Well Today we had a wonderful day of fun & fellowship with our great friends in Christ, the Steurers.
Poor Mr. Steurer and Mr. Cornforth were unable to participate in the fun and games, as they had to work.
The children however had a lovely time playing, and we mommy's had a delightful time chatting.
Isn't it wonderful how God can so bless us with friendships that are so very refreshing?
I am so thankful to our Lord for such a rich friendship with the Steurers.
I especially am thankful for the refreshment He blessed me with today.
As yesterday was the famous, "COOK DAY" ! And I was quite wiped out when I woke up today!

For those of you who don't know what a "COOK DAY" is, well....here goes...
ADVENTURES IN COOKING
Cook day is the one day of the month that I actually cook.
Yesterday Mrs. Emond (blessed, darling friend and sister in the Lord), and I cooked...
Tuesday and Wednesday was prep work,
but yesterday was
ASSEMBLY.
On Cook Day, we come together,
with as much pre cooked, pre cut, pre chopped, and we assemble, and we do the last of the cooking.
It's mostly, mixing and measuring, but we did have quite a lot of potato peeling going on.
As each meal is completed, it is put into the freezer.
And we have Meals for the month!
We worked for about 12 hours, in the presence of our 7 children.
Challenging but wonderful!
We made
35 Dinners,
3 Breakfast Casseroles,
7 side dishes,
12 bread kits (to be baked later),
36 sandwiches,
and a dozen mini pizzas
for each family!
We had such a joyful time preparing these meals, planning our months menu, and enjoying our children. I praise God for this blessing. I also must share what a joy it was to rise this morning, (aching and sore) to see that filled up freezer, to sense the great thing that has been accomplished, and to sip on my coffee as I picked out my lovely dinner for tonight,
and know there was little work for me to do in this area of my life for the next month! YEAH ! Oh, I realize it seems crazy to do this Huge Cook day, but it really does save me time during the month., I am so busy with home educating the children, and managing the home, etc.. It is an amazing blessing to not have to consider what to make for dinner to boot. It also saves a great deal of money. We are always seeking ways to better steward what the Lord has blessed us with, our time, talent and resources, and this is one way I have found so far ! O to be the Wise Woman ! ( I am saying that wistfully, not because I am, only that I long to be...)
Chow for now.

No comments: