Yep, betrayed. Someone contacted me with private family stuff, that they "heard thru the vine". I wept for the sin of that person, they sinned and hurt the person they told, they hurt my family, they damaged relationships, for something that was not theirs to discuss. I don't know that that's what Jesus intended when He taught us He was the "vine", and we the branches.
When people you love and trust speak out of turn, about you, to others, it can hurt. But their sin, it is ultimately against God. They have also broke confidence, and that is so sad. But thankfully, Jesus has paid for that sin, and while repentance must happen, isn't it glorious to know reconciliation is possible. I praise God, for once upon a time I was a bitter person, proud and self righteous. In Christ, I am broken, and being rebuilt. In Jeremiah it says "I will build, you will be rebuilt" (that would be me praise God)
And as much as this has hurt, I am ever eager to forgive. I understand the talk. Have any one of us NOT spoken in some same way about another, maybe under the guise of "a prayer request". It's sin, it's awful, hurtful, but yes, as a fellow sinner, I must confess I understand it. My understanding it, doesn't change what it is, or take the burden of that sin off the person. Only the cross can lift a burden.
I also praise the Lord for the perspective He has given me through all this. It is so NOT of my flesh, I should want to know who it is that has sinned against me. Thankfully the other party sinned against, did not continue in this sin by telling me who. I am thankful that the friend who contacted me, did so, and that they did so with such tact and grace. There is a saying, "Truth ain't truth, till you hear it from the horses mouth". I'm glad my friend came to me to clarify what was heard.
I also am so glad that God almighty set that example for us to follow , and wrote a book. I have the true "truth", straight from HIS mouth! Praise be to God, for I can know with certainty, there is HOPE, LOVE is real, forgiveness is really possible, God is ALIVE (not dead as some have claimed), JESUS IS RISEN, I am forgiven,adopted and redeemed. Are you?
YOU ARE LOVED
<>






No comments:
Post a Comment