They knew I'd be a bit .... BLUE this mother's day.. my first with my own mom gone ... and so they plotted and planned... and decided to spend Saturday with Rob's Mom.. leaving Sunday Just for me.. little old me.. My honey thought the Zoo would be great.. but.. the Zoo...?? no.. I didn't feel UP to the Zoo.. and made my little request known.. Cantigy Park... I hadn't been in years.. not since C.S. was about Buddy's age.. and I knew.. with gardens & tanks.. it would be a hit ...
I love their efforts at this beautiful park to details... woodland gardens.. are simply inspiring...
yet THIS is quite the attraction! Not only are there REAL tanks... that REALLY went to war.. but a whole wonderful museum.. it's rather a fieldtrip.. and the kids.. they LOVED it!
YES... that is the Princess, atop a big Tank... giggle... isn't she just darling :)
Look at how much fun they are having! Come on Buddy YOU can get up there!!!
I think they climbed upon each and every tank in the park.. it was all so much fun! They did not want to leave!
and all of it looked VERY odd to Little Man..
What on EARTH are those biggin's doing Mama????????
After the BLAST at the tanks we went walking to the IDEA garden.. C.S. is interested in the compost they have.. as we have a single box, and this is a traditional 3 box system.. it is exciting to see it in action and NOT just read about it...
A RAIN barrel... we want one of these (or more) but i NEVER thought of painting it.. what a fun idea!
see.. collect your "collected" water at the bottom to water your garden and lawn !!! Save $$ and energy!
This Statue is in middle of the beautiful dark pool infront of the McCormick house... the waters are deep and dark and mysterious.. adding to the intrigue of this statue..
Magnolia!
A Sundail.. I love this addition to the garden.. I think sundials are so interesting.. and this one is beautiful
Pretty in Pink! my Princess!
Blossoms....
Secret hideaway???
look out... we are under here!
yes.. that'd be Buddy!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't Oma be PROUD! very "sound of music"
lovely
woodland blossoms
pinch me... this was a lovely day
Hide and go seek in the park!
Where WE rested while the biggin's and Papa went to the Museum...
mind you.. i wasn't nearly as cozy as THIS! sweeeeeet dreams!






No comments:
Post a Comment