Sun Dials... They measure the time by the use of the sun, and shadows... Light & Dark.. time & space... There are moments when it is essential to KNOW the time.. moments we need to be someplace, meet someone... and knowing the time is rather important...
and times when we need to leave the watch at home... need to stop the gong of our Grandfather clock, and let all be silent.. times to stop the tic toc, tic, toc of the clock in our space.. in our minds.. and we need to sieze the day.. the moment the TIME we have... before it washes away...
Time is so odd... Children grow so quickly in it, from year to year... before we know it, time has passed, and we are noticing more lines in our faces.. time showing it's mark upon us... Before we know it, people that were simply ESSENTIAL to our every day lives.. are missing... simply NOT present to share in the passing of time with us... Their time here.... gone.
I like the sundials.. because they are silently marking the time.. they don't tic toc at me.. or bleep, or blink, or shine their little lite in my eye all day long with a constant reminder that my time here is indeed FINITE... they are simply there...as a thing of beauty to remind me.. when I want to be reminded.. They let me seize the day..
the moment.. and embrace life, and loved ones...
Rob would disagree, and probably rant that all this is fluff for me forgetting to WATCH THE TIME, and take my meds EXACTLY when I am supposed to.. and perhaps he is right..
still.. I like sundials.. and want one for my yard... I wonder if I could MAKE one... hmmm project on the blog...??? giggling..
don't let life pass ya by because of any clock friends... put it away for a day.. and unplug the thing, or throw a towel over it, so that for 24 or better still 48 hours, you can reset yourself to the rhythm that nature beautifully lays before you... you can eat when you are hungry, drink when you feel thirst, rise when your body calls you.. and walk about your TIME HERE, with a different perspective...
just a thought...
Tuesday, July 05, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I was thinking about you this morning and wondered if I could find you online. And here you have a whole blog! I would love to chat sometime. You may find it amusing that I homeschool now:) I'd love to hear from you.
Oh Jenni!!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT! :) off to hunt down your email! hey, let's get together ! I can't even imagine how big the munchkins are! :) blessings to you and your family!
Post a Comment