Friday, March 10, 2006

Liberty Day!


Liberty Day

While I realize that this is technically chronologically out of order (my sister in law Margaret would gasp at such an error on my part ) ( I love you Mags!) , I simply can not resist writing about Liberty Day! It was hosted by the Erber Family and was held this past Saturday (March 4). It was a glorious time, and we learned so very much. Dr. Paul Jehle was the speaker and he was absolutely captivating. His teaching was so rich and powerful. We were truly blessed by the event, and so look forward to it next year. Quite a crowd showed up and so many children, it was delightful! What a rich learning opportunity. I honestly had no idea of just how ignorant I was on the topic of Constitutional Law. It was quite a shock to me, I must confess. How far our Nation has changed since the time it was birthed is seriously depressing. I rather like the original Constitution, blemished, and fallible as it may have been. It was amazing to learn how important the Scriptures were to our founding fathers, and to hear through this teaching how much of our rights we have already lost. The Ten Commandments being taken out of our Courts is just wretched! Oh, I must say, Ben kept me busy, so I didn't learn as much as the rest of the family,and so Rob blessed me by purchasing the CD's of this great teaching from Resounding Voice that very day!

Above is a picture to see! I really am not very good at this downloading photos thing, bear with me! Anyway the Cornforths would give this event 1000 thumbs up if we had that many thumbs... (as Kiah would say!)

No comments: