Friday, September 14, 2007

adventures in "LA LA" land

This past week or two has been a hoot! Truly an adventure in the Land of LA la...
Starting off with Buddy's allergy testing last week, and yes KI has another bladder infection.... Oh so fun, so much screaming and tears and torture....
Sunday an allergic reaction to a Bee sting, or wasp or what ever it was....
Rush to immediate care, for VERY swollen VERY red ear...
monday re visit allergist :) yes he needs an epi pen.... at all times have to have with me, along with some benedryl....
cole is too sick to go with me, so my mom came to hang out with Prince Caspian while his tummy aches.... could it be appendix ?
KI to Piano, get a hair cut for me, Buddyto allergist, run to library, hussle home to pack for trip.... Rob comes home late...
tuesday laundry to do, packing must be done, need to grocery shop for trip.... Caspian is NOT better, feeling worse in fact, back to immediate care, I need a breathing treatment, so we are both seen, KI and Buddy in tote, 2 patient, 2 not so patient (yes the pun was intended) :) X-ray for mom, ultra sound for Caspian, breathing treatment for mom, cat scan for Caspian, yes appendicitus... Rush to hospital, for emergency surgury, can't find husband, he FORGOT his cell phone, and secretary forgot to give him the MESSAGE, and left for home! Rob is working late again....
After more prayer, it came to me to call Robs supervisor's extention, YEAH, he answsered, and Rob walks in the door as the surgeon comes in to explain what they are doing, so he can go scrub up... what a fun day
by nine pm, he was out of surgery, and I spent the night in the children's ward at Sherman.... WEDNESDAY Caspian gets released midday, I bring him home, my mom brings Buddy and KI, I run to Costco to get dinner and Rx stuff..... Rob works late again
thursday I wake up to the sound of a crying screaming Buddy.... :) He has had an attack of yes allergic diahrea, his sheets are soaked, and there is poopy everywhere, time for a bath.... wash carpet, wall, floor ben, while I am at it, and he is clean and splashing, i scrub the toilet, the floor, fold the laundry and wash the sink and mirror... ben done, dry, dressed finally COFFEE.... Caspian is still sleeping, laundry, kiah helps, my darling sister inlaw comes over to help, My husband informs me he has invited his family over for dinner..... ??? ok, darling, so ontop of caring for my 3 patients, 1 appendicitus surgery recovery with diahrea, one with diahrea and allergies gone wacko, 1 uti, and me needing breathing treaments, on top of laundry and packing for vacation, and making meals, I need to prepare my home for company....
Yeah! mom comes to help Alicia and my self... Much laundry folded lunches made, movies watched by children, counters cleaned, toilets scrubbed, the whole downstairs transformed,,,, not a lot packed :) Ready for a family get together.... My mom leaves, I feed kids, Rob works late and comes home @ 10min to 7pm.... In walks Rick, (my brotherin law) Rob and Rick order Chinese, leave, Grandparents arrive for a nice supper, we redo Prince Caspian's birthday cake and singing, since they won't be coming to the birthday party..... Nice chatting, much scrubbing of dishes, children get medicine, go to bed... grandparents leave, bunny packed up Auntie Alisha and Uncle Rick will babysit bunny for our little trip...
Friday KI wakes up with a sore throat.... :) GARGLE with salt water.... :) This is today right? I have had coffee, packed Buddy's clothes, books, kitchen, done 1 load of laundry....
still need to
shop for groceries @ 3-4 different stores
go to library
take KI to lab for tests
take Buddy to allergist for shots
go to target for air purifier and dust mite covers and cooler
pack the rest of our clothes,
pack up van
empty fridge and clean it out
scrub one more toilet
care for Caspian's medications,
have a breathing treatment
and survive and pray that Rob doesn't work late.....
if I have neglected you
please forgive me....
if I havn't called or emailed in a while
this is just my life this season...
the whole summer has been like THIS....
is this normal?
I love that in the midst of La la land, Jesus loves me, God is sovereign, and GREAT, and gracious, ever instructing, and refining me. I am for the most part very joyful in the midst....
I can't wait to get away... to read, sleep, eat, go for walks, play games, giggle, sing songs, color pictures, snack on yummies, drink hot coco, kiss and cuddle, share hearts...
Come Lord Jesus COME quick :)
till then, thank you for vacations ! and everything else :)
UPDATE
FRIDAY UPDATE!!
After blogging, my mom came to watch the healing Caspian, I took KI to go to lab for kidney infection double check, Buddy to allergist for shot, to the library to return books, and pick up books and audio books.
Return home drop off said children, KI doesn't feel well enough to help grocery shop... I am on my own! :)
Went to most of the stores, Rob calls, says to meet him @ home, stop shopping, we need to drive into town to go to the bank. Go home, drop off food, ask mom to stay longer, thank you mom! Go down to the bank, lots of "banking to do", Come home. Mom says KI is much worse, she struggles with neck pain, sore throat, bad headache. Mom leaves, Rob drops KI and I off @ Immediate care (yes for the 3rd time this week we go!) he runs some more errands, they are quicker than usual, it is not strep, just a virus, keep an eye on her, go to Costco, finish shopping and picking up different peoples meds, hit another store, go home eat @ 8:30 pm, fall to bed.
Wake early to pack all that SHOULD have been packed and hit the road by 11:30 what a week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Anika! I pray you have a very restful vacation indeed!

Love in Christ,
Theresa