Sunday, October 17, 2010

Serene Sundays

Feeling Serene this Sunday Morning... My lungs NOT quite up to par.. but.. no problem. such is life... and enjoying my morning quite... I had some thoughts.... word vibes ( an assignment from our homeschool poetry class) come to mind.. that are blossoming

Serene Sundays

Sunshine streaming
shadows dancing away
sweet baby giggles
and bananas smushed in his face...

Soft hum of the washer
shower running upstairs
coffee nearly drunk from my mug
next up the Sunday rush

still quiet in this space of mine
nestled somewhere on this sphere
surrounded by souls who love me
and a God who choose to be near

Divine mixed with ordinary
washing dishes while I say my prayers..
Praising the Lord while sweeping
stunned silent when I get to brush her hair..

The grow so quickly
I thank God for these moments
for the warning of the pitter pounding feet
thudding, bounding towards me...
rushing towards me for night is gone
and I am mornings retreat

yogurt
granola
berries
bananas
eggs
coffee
shampoo scented hair
clean behind the ears
white socks
its Sunday
yes Lord it's Sunday
Thank God it's Sunday
party at your house?
we hope Lord, to all be there

No comments: