Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!
Our little girl just turned 8. Granted, in announcing, I'm a few days late.
To think she was born with a full head of hair, ringlets she had, and in the hospital, they brought her to me with a bow in her hair.
I get to enjoy once again, her nearly toothless grin. You see, she has lost 4 of her teeth since she turned 8. 4 teeth in a week is quite the accomplishment.
Daughters are an amazing thing. She is truly more valuable to us than rubies. The Lord has graciously flanked her with two brothers.... And a wonderful father. I alone, am there to identify with her, beautiful girlhood.
It is strange to witness the graceful ability she has, at holding one foot firmly in "little girl"hood, and one just barely touching, "beautiful girlhood". We have at our home, names for various stages of childhood. Ben isn't in the terrible two's ....We don't call it that. We call it the "Terrific Two's"...Why?
Well, two year olds are terrific.
Their hugs are simply terrific.
Their play is so wonderfully terrific.
Their words begin, and it's terrific.
Their tantrums, well, are terrific (emphasis on the Terr, part, is this a root of Terror too?)
They are so emphatic, everything about them, good, bad, ugly, its magnifold, simply stated the Terrific Twos.
Kiah was Terrific at Two. Really really Terrific.
Threes are theatrical.
Tantrums move on to "academy award" quality.
Joy, is abundantly JOY, it's theatrical.
Words, now mostly abounding, move beyond being spoken as if shouted from the heights of the street, in a god-like quality...It is no longer, "Look! Bird! There! MAMA! BIRD, is there, LOOOK!" it has progressed to, "mama, do you see the pretty pretty birdy? Oh that I might have it.... Oh how pretty....Do you see, do you, mama I love you, do you see? do you? "
Kiah was a most theatrical Three. She won many an award...
granted it is indeed a subtle change when one is in the midst of it. But it is there, watch.
anyway, we have names for all the ages, and while our Kiah was a very theatrical three, she was a Superb 7. I look forward to watching 8 unravel. She is slower this time to leap into the next stage. I am so thankful. I see her touching ground in glimpses here and there. It is lovely to witness. But she has not left "little girl" behind....I must remember it all. For if I am so blessed one day by God, so as to be a grandmother...., I must keep these memories as stories to pass on to the next generation.......
Her ringlets are gone now.
Many teeth too.
But she is so lovely to me, and her father. Her brothers adore her. She is the jewel of the crown, circled by a family in love.
Praise God for He is so gracious, generous and kind to us....Praise God for HE is Good....Praise God, for He humbles me through these people in my home, He teaches me, He loves me, He is faithful.....I am greatful....God is Great.
I thank God for her. She carries my heart about like a little bag on a long strap. She can make you see the man on the moon, and wonder if mice can talk to men. She is lovely. I love her....

2 comments:

Joelle said...

Happy belated birthday, Kiah! May the Lord grow you up to be a godly woman for His glory!

~ Kathryn Yen ~

Joelle said...

Another Yen posting with little tears streaming down her cheeks after she read this... :-) so sweet. And happy happy happy 8 Kiah! We're blessed to know you!
Mrs. Yen