Greetings!
Praise the Lord for such a glorious Christmas Season!
I love Christmas! I am each new year in awe of how Christ Jesus came to us. The humility, the simplicity, the peace of it. And with New Year right after, and it's hyped up "resolution's" it causes me to pause. I have a great distaste for NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS> not resolutions in and of themselves. No indeed. Just the ones that are tagged on to the new year. There is no great reason why, I just don't think I like that much pressure. But back to how it causes me to think...Have I been humble? Have I been simply living, and following Christ? Have I been an active part of peace building in my home? ugh, a resounding NO,... sometimes, ....not enough to count! :(
And so, as things go, follow with me on this....we went to the library. What joy what bliss! I love the library, I especially love to go with my wonderful husband (he's a big guy, and quite strong enough to carry all those books, which means I can get a few more than usual, for I haven't got to carry ALL of them :) God is Great and Greatly to be praised! and for more than Rob coming with. My husband's presence at the library means also, that I can go down stairs, and search for a book for ME to read, with out sweaty irritated little people who cry about holding jackets hovering about me. And so I got a book, by an author I thus far have enjoyed. :)
Upon arriving home (Rob was so worn out carrying the books, he seemed to wonder how ever I do it with out him. I wonder too.) And I have been reading this book ever since. And not to be redundant, but God is Great, and Greatly to be praised, for the book deals with exactly my afore mentioned problems.
I am not continuous in my humble loving, patient, simple earnest ways. And I can be .....oh pray don't mention in the halls of church....I can be critical....sometimes. ugh. It isn't something I like about myself...Maybe it's the letter "Y" that the children just are not getting to come down and over without hooking northbound with a fury. Maybe it's the inability to eat over a plate and all the crumbs under the table, that I just need to get over. Its not supposed to be about me; it is supposed to be about MY LORD and SAVIOR, right??
Should I not be singing praise, and joyfully sweep the mess, as unto the Lord? Well let it be known He hath rebuked me. Listen to this...
"Creativity an be stopped by harsh criticism. A person's freedom for creativity can be a very delicately balanced thing. The creative mental work of a sensitive violinist, a talented composer, a painter, or an architect cannot be "seen" in the traditional sense of the word. Crash in on creativity, and something may die! The birth of creativity may end in miscarriage. An individual piece of creativity means a great deal to an individual. A child can be planning a play with mother or dad. He may write the script in a crooked handwriting, he can bring in neighbor's children to be the bride and bridegroom or other characters, and he can direct the play. And as this creativity is in the midst of taking place, someone shouts out and begins to criticize, saying harsh, cutting things. Suddenly the sensitive young artist, or cook, or musician, or playwright, or poet, or gardener stops enjoying the creativity and the flushed excitement over the lovely unfolding of beauty, and crushed embarrassment floods him or her. Creativity has been stepped on, squashed." Edith Schaeffer (Common Sense Christian Living) So, it seems, God has work to do in me. It seems I have resolutions to make ,even if, they are not tied to New Years.
Deut. 32:46-47 "Set your hearts on all the words which I testify among you today which you shall command your children to be careful to observe---all the words of this law. For it is not a futile thing for you, because it is your life, and by this word you shall prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to possess." Note the words I chose to highlight....They involve continuity. Another resolution shown to me via the book....And mostly via the Word of the Lord. Mrs. Schaeffer wrote out the synonyms and antonyms of continue, continuity, continuous and continually, I will give a few, I pray though that as I resolve to build with God's grace, more continuity into my character, that you too might read this list and grow...
Synonyms...........maintain/preserve/
last/persist/remain/go on/keep on/
endure/persevere/hold out/stick at/
pursue/abide/stay/tolerate/
continuation/extension/ continuance/
coherence/ persistence/ duration/
progression/ succession/ endurance/
connected/ extended/ prolonged/
unbroken/entire/ whole /continuing/
uninterrupted/ unchanging /intact/
undivided/ endless/ repeatedly/
constantly/ eternally/ forever/
always/ ceaselessly/ endless
The Lord our God is absolute continuity, there is absolute continuity in the Scriptures.....Is it in our lives? Does it shine for the world to see, or ....is our patience, love, grace, kindness, gentleness, faith, etc fall under the antonyms ??
Antonyms for continually, continuous, continue, continuity......
retract/ terminate/ cut short/end/
leave off/ finish/ desist/ cease/
give up/ fail/ cessation/ stoppage/
interruption/ termination/ suspension/
discontinuous/ interrupted/suspended/
broken/ sporadic/ divided/ occasionally/
irregularly/ fitfully/ randomly/ spasmodically/
sometimes
I fail to have continuity in my life; our world is mostly made up of it's antonyms, but there are those, those who have it,. My resolution is to Be in the Word of God myself and with my children, to be humble, patient, kind, simple, peaceful, careful, observant, set, faithful, prayerful, LOVING continuously.. To be a wee bit more like Jesus, if not "just like" because this is my life, and it is NOT futile The Lord hath given this life unto me as a precious gift.
..... So what's your resolution this NEW YEAR? :) !
God bless each of you! You are a blessing and you matter REMEMBER
YOU ARE LOVED!
your sister in Christ Jesus
anika <>< It is now 2007 and I wrote that 2 years ago... I am sad and rebuked to say, the resolution you have laid before you, it is still indeed my "New Year's Resolution" . O that I might be fashioned more and more into the likeness of Christ Jesus. May my heart be soft, my soul ever after a better relationship, my mind in utter submission to the Revelation of the Holy Scriptures.
I still don't like these New Years resolutions....But resolve to grow, learn, pursue, persevere, persist, with regularity, continuity? Resolve....I do....
What about you?
What's your resolve?
Your resolution?
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment