Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Waiting, waiting I don't like waiting

Ever get the idea that God REALLY wants to teach you something?
I feel like an Israelite, wandering in the desert, year 24. Ugh. Waiting on so many things here at our house. Waiting for the winter plague to exit completely. Waiting for doctors to call, waiting for test results, waiting to see children get it, and obey, maybe like the very first time. Waiting for the stock to cook down, waiting for the head ache to go away. Waiting for my wonderful husband to remember to bring home a new vaccume belt for we are having company TONIGHT, and it began dumping what was in the vaccume out unto the already messy (thank you Dear Benjamin) carpeting....

"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barn, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?"


Ok, Lord, but I sure would like to have the doctor call....
Why do I get anxious over blood tests, what is it in me that still fails in trusting Him? Because ultimately that is what my anxiety is.
My heart, my head, my soul knows completely that I can trust God with all that I am, all that is.....That dang flesh though.....
I can not express how thankful I am to have the blood of Jesus cover me, wash away my sin....my moments of unbelief....Something deep in my dna is so ugly,so hidden I dare not look... it's that sin thing again...that original sin givin to me, passed down through the ages from Adam and his bride Eve....It's in my dna.....I sin because, well I am a sinner...
Some people don't, won't, can't or shan't understand this....But I once was blind, now I see, I am the wretch the song refers to.
Isn't God Great! Praise the Lord, indeed praise the Lord!benjamin) carpet....WAITING seems to be a theme.

2 comments:

Saralyn said...

Ok, you've mentioned (rather emphatically, smile) that you're craving comments, so here goes:

"Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved...My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us" Psalm 62:1-8.

I think God's been trying to get my attention lately about this waiting thing. I've looked at it as a burden, but it was God's original intention for His people, even before the fall, that we should be entirely dependent on Him for all things. I've realized how utterly foolish I've been about the Christian life with my insistance that what is required is simply to "read the book and do what it says." Not only do I possess no power to do what it says, I have no power to even spiritually read and discern what it says to do. Self-sufficiency is a playground for the devil, and he's had an awful lot of fun with me. It is when we realize how weak and impoverished we truly are and how much the great God of Creation loves us that we find waiting on Him our greatest joy and continual fulfillment. What have I to fear? Over what do I need to be discouraged? The God who owns the cattle on a thousand hills is orchestrating my little life for His glory. Nothing is out of His hands and nothing can thwart His plan. Oh, for grace, to trust Him more.

sweetnika said...

Emphatic Thanks for such an wonderful responce!
Thank you and AMEN to all you have said.!
you are so loved
<>< anika