
Yes Believe or not that is ME in a small plane! On one of our many Cornforth Adventures. NO I am not taking a "solo flight" I am just trying out "sitting" in a little plane. For the Fun field trip we took to Campbell Airport Last week! :) Check out the pictures of Caspian & Princess KI as they tried out "sitting" in the Pilots seat as well!!!!!!!!!! We had a Super great time While Buddy was at a play date with His Pal!

Princess Ki future Amelia ? oh I hope not, Is it ok, to HOPE NOT?????????

Here He is, the amazing the can never be DRAFTED boy, :) whew~ as I wipe the sweat off my brow, yes it is true HE COULD inlist... but drafted.... no way, they'd not want him :) so glad, especially cus HE loved being in this plane, a whole LOT!

The airstrip

Our amazing Aviation Instructor/ Tour guide!!!!!

The terminal!

Lessons on the field, near the fuel tank..... planes don't "gas up...." they "FUEL UP" ....

Focused THINKING

Looking cool in his shades

Our little "class receiving instructions, near the "fuel tank"... about SAFETY in and ON an Airport and all aspects of Aviation Safety... this was by far one of the best field trips we have ever had! So informative, and not rushed at all. I was very impressed, and frankly learned a great deal, the children were as our old pastor used to say "chock full of" useful and fun information at dinner and were chattering away about planes and flying and airstrips.
Papa told them that his Uncle used to fly, and I mentioned I thought I recalled my cousin being a pilot (private) as well. Buddy promptly left the table to get his new school book The Little Airplane by Lois Lenski about Pilot Small, and we HAD to stop dinner practically to read about Pilot Small and His Airplane. When the Children spoke of a part on the plane, it was Buddy's idea to look for it in HIS book to find it, and find it HE did. For those of you with an inquisitive mind the part in question is Aileron:) not bad for 3 1/2 He'll make a fine homeschooler yet ! The children couldn't remember the name of it, and you have to step OVER it when climbing onto the wing of the plane to climb into the cockpit. So it was rather important to them to know, and Little Buddy saved the dinner conversation, by finding a source that had the answer! Way to go!
It made for a great field trip, and as the kids would say We'd give it 100 thumbs up if we had 100 thumbs but as it is it gets a 6 from us! because only 3 of us went!
Princess KI's only critic - at 2 hours it wasn't LONG enough... she's turning 10 next week you tell me, is that NORMAL?????
1 comment:
I'm so glad the lord blessed your adventerous airport field trip! Sounds like you all had a great time! I love your photo in the cockpit! I get Princess KI.....I'm an aviation enthusiest too.
Have a great time at Carol Joy Sied!(spelled her name wrong)
Love Alicia
Post a Comment