Saturday, September 13, 2008

a deluge

yes, it was a flood, a horrible and awfulflood. Not a global flood; but a deluge just the same, a one of great magnitude in my own sphere, in my own mind, in my own world, in my OWN HOME!

ok, so not the great one.
not to you maybe....

but 4 or so inches in my basement was NOTHING to thrill me. Yes I saw dinosaurs swimming, lego men too, some ladies, and baby dolls, and all sorts of other creatures. Whose its and what nots, clothing, and creatures, many a thing was water logged, swollen, soaked, soiled or destroyed in my basement this fine saturated Saturday. All that to say my husband prayed for it.

not in a "please dear Lord won't you flood my basement sort of way" but in a huffing, puffing, angry, foot stomping, "Good LORD, won't you just wipe it all away with a flood already!" sort of way.

I knew as soon as he uttered the words it would happen, and two weeks (perhaps less) it did. What a mess! The mold count must be high, my head aches and my lungs hurt. We have been cleaning, and mopping and throwing out all day. Rob's brother Rick and our sister in law Alicia fair ed this horrible weather this evening to come out and help us, thank you!!!!!! And so we had company in our trial, help in our struggle, as we wrung out, mopped up, threw out and grieved, and stressed, and reminisced.... Isn't it wonderful how God can do so much in so little time.

It has been a hard summer. I realize I have barely blogged. The children haven't blogged since April. The summer has been very eventful.

Too many drs
Too many immediate care's
Too many er & hospitals :)
We also Celebrated my mom & dad's 45th Wedding ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HURRAY!
and it was rather the big family reunion!
Along with Caspian turning 12!!!!

Our family made the annual trip up North to Blacks Cliff Resort for a Family Reunion Weekend, where we swam, fished, rode bikes, water skied, knee boarded, wake boarded, (someone kite boarded) and some of us even had a very fun beach volleyball tournament!! All the cousins from MY generation were there except Peter, his wife & kids. There were 14 of the little cousins with Caspian being the oldest, he did a great job wake boarding and really bonded with his cousin Yan from Germany! :) Buddy had a blast, he even got to go horseback riding with his Vannah cousin for her 3rd birthday :) Princess KI had a wonderful time with her Zin Twin and even tried water skiing :) I hung out on the floating raft thing all day every day, and played beach volley ball. It was a Very lazy relaxing weekend :)
We have started up our school year full swing, and with it some changes, and some modifications. Some things had to change, because of our medical situations. for WHATEVER reason, this season of our families life we seem to be AT the dr's a whole lot, and driving there, being there, or at the hospital, or the clinic or whatever, I needed a more suitable curriculum for our families needs, and have found that. We are very challenged by the change but everyone seems to be enjoying it very much.
This past week Roberts Aunt Pat died. It was a very hard blow to the whole family. We are feeling her loss very much, in a rather raw way. She was 54 years old, and a vital member of the family. The cancer that overtook her was very invasive, and simply too much for her body to resist. God is good, Cancer sucks. I don't know how else to say that, perhaps it doesn't sound pretty, but it simply is. it is how I see right now it is my vision today... The fall, the devastation of it, the grief we suffer, the magnitude of it... the fact that it is NOTHING compared to the magnitude of Gods grief over us, that it is in this grief, in this love that God sent His son, that I need to dwell. because it is the ugly part, the death, sickness, the sad part that can be so overwhelming..... Come Lord Jesus :)
This week on the docket for me was scheduled 5 dr appointments, all over the map. What I got was 8 (thank you for the 3 surprises dear Lord, you know HOW to keep me on my toes, and NEVER be complacent).
Yes 8 drs,
1 wake,
1 funeral,
1 harp lesson,
2 kids @ 1 skate school,
and 1 FLOOD.
All this on top of home school and a whole lot of researching a matter to be mentioned another time............................... Friday's dr let me out early, and I was soooo excited thinking I would get home early, but traffic had me sitting for 2 1/2 hours. By the time I got home, to get Buddy changed (I WILL have to blog on this), pick up Rob, grab a bite to eat, pick up Caspian and come home, it was, 10pm. YES, I was finally home at 10 pm.

Things have been exciting here, to say the least. Sorry for the lack of blogging. I hope now that school has started, to be a faithful blogger once more. :) So drop by, keep commenting, and get on me when I fail to keep you abreast on all things Cornforth :)


You are loved
thanks for reading



1 comment:

Teri said...

I LOVE the new blog design! It is so beautiful and peaceful.

It is nice to know that I am not the only one enjoying all the fun health issues- it is nice to have someone else traveling this road.

I am glad that you'll be bloggin more- you might inspire me ;)