
Traffic can do strange things to a person, traffic in the rain, is even more dangerous. It can draw out of you sin you didn't even KNOW still lurked with in you. I have personal experience to back up this modern phenomena. This drawing out of sin, it happened to me this past Friday. Strange things happened after I sat in traffic for 30 minutes and didn't even get 2 miles, but when I passed the the last potty break for at least the next hour because it was at least another 8 miles up the road, and Buddy screamed that he HAD TO GO... I got a twitch. Then my phone began to sing
"GOD ALMIGHTY"
yes it did.
it did because I programmed it to sing that song by Chris Tomlin, but where it picks up the song, it always makes me feel like Chris is yelling at me, it scares me and I, well, I DON"T like my phone thing, but I paid extra to get it, (yes it was $1.20 one time fee, I realize I NEED to get over this and count it lost as a paid expense 2 years ago in November, I have issues, someone call Sara's husband... ok!) So my phone is yelling at me in a sing song way about Gods sovereignty, and I have to find it, please remember Buddy is still 3.
What does that mean to you?
Why do I remind you?
Why MUST you keep this in mind as I proceed?
Because he is very much like a broken record, telling me, again and again, and again and again, with special sound effects precisely placed repeating exactly like a record skipping, (or for those of you who do NOT know what a record is, a CD with a scratch on it that keeps skipping and its awful, right?) "i gotta go Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *&^#&&Y)*##$*&@* MAAAMAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
repeat
"GOD ALMIGHTY" by Chris Tomlin
Repeat
and I can't find the phone, and Princess KI thinks that I may need an interpreter.... well, i don't. It is raining cats and dogs and the traffic is barely moving and I understand, and would understand "i have to pee" in any language any child could speak in the world, or at least I imagine that I would at this point of the ride. So it goes on and on, yes at some point I find the phone and it is my husband, and I am not the endearing, doting darling of a wife that I want to be, ought to be, or care to be. I am a woman in survival, and I am to be feared.
After much drama and coaxing and pleading, and encouraging, praying and singing, we arrive at a Walgreens, where we dash inside, hopping and dancing and request the knowledge of the location of the rest rooms from a young male employee, where he promptly tells us. We dance in the isles toward the said location only to arrive to find them
LOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes
with special key pads
and you need a special code
and Buddy begins to cry/scream/something, strange things are happening out of his mouth as if he doesn't know HOW that pee is coming out, but HE KNOWS it is COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Princess KI spots a gal in uniform, rushes towards her and requests assistance in her pleasant, smiling way, to which the employee said,
"I am sorry, you will have to just wait a minute."
Her reaction was dramatic (arms outstretched, as she spun in a complete circle, I was surprised she did not fall to the floor in full Shakespearean fashion so dramatic was she, but still respectful!) Pleeeasse!
We looked for help, we were FRANTIC,
finally we found another gal, I almost accosted her, she opened the door, and it was, however after all this run around, and all this desperate hunting for actual HELP at Walgreens, so unfortunate, for it was too late, Buddy stood there in utter distress, defeated. Having held his discomfort for 1 and 1/4 hours, the ladies and the young gentleman employed at this particular Walgreens could not it would seem, step out of their way to help this small child.
I was dehydrated, and no longer an utterly sane mother. Lord FORGIVE me, I was NOT gracious, I left the puddle and only dried up my boy, as best as I was able, and we walked toward the young girl at the counter who was too busy, to give out a code. I lifted my whimpering son to show her what her choice had done, and what followed was quite interesting to me indeed. She looked a bit sad, and young, the OTHER gal, looked mean and cold hearted, clearly the superior training her. She defended the younger "decisions" to "stick to the corporations rule book". etc.
My thoughts which I shared were this. That common courtesy, and human decensy, should still, somehow supersede the rules of order at Walgreens. That caring for the needs of the customers should somehow still be more important that whether or not the bathroom code rule was followed on Friday the 12th. That treating customers like HUMAN BEINGS and not like cash cows ought to be in order, and perhaps that is WHY this customer will be shopping at CVS!
Yes I was fairly loud. I got a bit louder as I went. I don't think I would have been, if it hadn't been for the traffic, the rain, the dehydration, and her SMARTING off and being so RUDE, both before as well as after poor Buddy's incident. But there it is. Not my "meekest" of moments, I
confess, I was sassy and my kids were actually proud of me. I thought as we left that I had embarrassed them, but they were smiling from ear to ear, and Buddy said thank you. We didn't purchase the snacks and beverages at the store as we had planned to, and the next hour or more in the car, well, it was smelly, but we got home and had a good scrubbing and talked about how we can all have an accident now and again, and how it's OK, we can be clean again...
even me, even my sins, my snappy, not so meek in your face rudeness can be forgiven by Jesus, and I too can have a bath (it is a different kind) and I can be clean again. Praise the LORD :)
"GOD ALMIGHTY"
yes it did.
it did because I programmed it to sing that song by Chris Tomlin, but where it picks up the song, it always makes me feel like Chris is yelling at me, it scares me and I, well, I DON"T like my phone thing, but I paid extra to get it, (yes it was $1.20 one time fee, I realize I NEED to get over this and count it lost as a paid expense 2 years ago in November, I have issues, someone call Sara's husband... ok!) So my phone is yelling at me in a sing song way about Gods sovereignty, and I have to find it, please remember Buddy is still 3.
What does that mean to you?
Why do I remind you?
Why MUST you keep this in mind as I proceed?
Because he is very much like a broken record, telling me, again and again, and again and again, with special sound effects precisely placed repeating exactly like a record skipping, (or for those of you who do NOT know what a record is, a CD with a scratch on it that keeps skipping and its awful, right?) "i gotta go Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *&^#&&Y)*##$*&@* MAAAMAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
repeat
"GOD ALMIGHTY" by Chris Tomlin
Repeat
and I can't find the phone, and Princess KI thinks that I may need an interpreter.... well, i don't. It is raining cats and dogs and the traffic is barely moving and I understand, and would understand "i have to pee" in any language any child could speak in the world, or at least I imagine that I would at this point of the ride. So it goes on and on, yes at some point I find the phone and it is my husband, and I am not the endearing, doting darling of a wife that I want to be, ought to be, or care to be. I am a woman in survival, and I am to be feared.
After much drama and coaxing and pleading, and encouraging, praying and singing, we arrive at a Walgreens, where we dash inside, hopping and dancing and request the knowledge of the location of the rest rooms from a young male employee, where he promptly tells us. We dance in the isles toward the said location only to arrive to find them
LOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes
with special key pads
and you need a special code
and Buddy begins to cry/scream/something, strange things are happening out of his mouth as if he doesn't know HOW that pee is coming out, but HE KNOWS it is COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Princess KI spots a gal in uniform, rushes towards her and requests assistance in her pleasant, smiling way, to which the employee said,
"I am sorry, you will have to just wait a minute."
Her reaction was dramatic (arms outstretched, as she spun in a complete circle, I was surprised she did not fall to the floor in full Shakespearean fashion so dramatic was she, but still respectful!) Pleeeasse!
We looked for help, we were FRANTIC,
finally we found another gal, I almost accosted her, she opened the door, and it was, however after all this run around, and all this desperate hunting for actual HELP at Walgreens, so unfortunate, for it was too late, Buddy stood there in utter distress, defeated. Having held his discomfort for 1 and 1/4 hours, the ladies and the young gentleman employed at this particular Walgreens could not it would seem, step out of their way to help this small child.
I was dehydrated, and no longer an utterly sane mother. Lord FORGIVE me, I was NOT gracious, I left the puddle and only dried up my boy, as best as I was able, and we walked toward the young girl at the counter who was too busy, to give out a code. I lifted my whimpering son to show her what her choice had done, and what followed was quite interesting to me indeed. She looked a bit sad, and young, the OTHER gal, looked mean and cold hearted, clearly the superior training her. She defended the younger "decisions" to "stick to the corporations rule book". etc.
My thoughts which I shared were this. That common courtesy, and human decensy, should still, somehow supersede the rules of order at Walgreens. That caring for the needs of the customers should somehow still be more important that whether or not the bathroom code rule was followed on Friday the 12th. That treating customers like HUMAN BEINGS and not like cash cows ought to be in order, and perhaps that is WHY this customer will be shopping at CVS!
Yes I was fairly loud. I got a bit louder as I went. I don't think I would have been, if it hadn't been for the traffic, the rain, the dehydration, and her SMARTING off and being so RUDE, both before as well as after poor Buddy's incident. But there it is. Not my "meekest" of moments, I
confess, I was sassy and my kids were actually proud of me. I thought as we left that I had embarrassed them, but they were smiling from ear to ear, and Buddy said thank you. We didn't purchase the snacks and beverages at the store as we had planned to, and the next hour or more in the car, well, it was smelly, but we got home and had a good scrubbing and talked about how we can all have an accident now and again, and how it's OK, we can be clean again...
even me, even my sins, my snappy, not so meek in your face rudeness can be forgiven by Jesus, and I too can have a bath (it is a different kind) and I can be clean again. Praise the LORD :)






5 comments:
Oh girl you need to post more often. Only you can make me die laughing and two minutes later be saying "Oh no...poor baby" and then less than 10 seconds later be screaming mad at people I don't even know for being so incredibly insensitive to my friends!
And then end it all with Praise the Lord!!!!
Amen girl- Love you!
You sassy Mamma you! It's just some thing like a scene from a movie. Rain and horrible traffic,there's a cute boy who has to pee,a mom with a wild look in her eye, suspence, drama, tears, pain, much laughter, dehydration, wacky walgreen's employees, and hilarious moment were mom lifts boy to show end result of there decision to adheare to the rule book insted of appealing to human decency.******End scene*******
You are loved by this Great God of ours and me too!
I laugh, I cried, I so related!
and, what is with the broken record cries?
and customer service, it so doesn't exist any more at more places.
What a story!!
It really deserves to be submitted to a parenting magazine or it could be a scene in a movie....
Sorry you went through that!
We have had numerous bad experiences with Walgreens and poor customer service in the pharmacy.
Oh, Mrs. Cornforth, your blog is so aptly named!!!
Post a Comment