Thursday, July 02, 2009

Mama are you sure we are in Paris??

Walking to the Louvre that Saturday
it wasn't the easiest thing to tell
that we WERE in Paris..
Something was happening in the city,
and we couldn't get a hotel in any of the districts I had hoped for...
but
we did find one not so far from the Train Station itself...
which is pretty nice !
What is weird for kids is..
Where is the Eiffel Tower???
Where is the Arc de Triumph?
Here is the Seine River!!!!!
Isn't THAT exciting??
well,
It was! Hurray...
So we walked along it...on our way to the Louvre
The tent people
THIS reminded me of the childrens book
the Family that lived under the bridge...
I think that is the title
and it takes place in Paris...
now they use tents??? hmmm
boating in Paris...
who knew?
I want to do this picture in black and white...
what do you think?
So many little streets to criss and cross!
we are really zigging and zagging because the Quai is much like
...
dare i say it...
Lake Shore Drive...
and walking along it is not always an option....
lovely view...
I just loved this spot..
that is one of Paris' two islands
can you believe
I NEVER KNEW
Paris had two Islands!
soooo what ever!!!!!!
major ignoramus!
now... I KNOW
so you won't catch me in Trivia Pursuit!
Just love the buildings..
thought you too would enjoy a glimpse at the architecture!
:)
This is the "Hotel de Ville"
now we are seeing more PARIS
this Hotel de ville
makes our Lyon Hotel de Ville
look
petite
awww
there is something like this in Berlin....
childhood flashback...
love it!
really seeing the Power of Paris now..
we've been to many French cities...
and never seen this before..
not this kind of Strength
this Might
or magnitude...
wow
such grace such beauty....
for a city...
I think I like Paris
So pretty...

We really ought to build bridges this beautiful always!
It is a testimony to the ingenuity of man
and brings glory to God
because God created man in His image...
and when man creates things beautifully ..
it simply DOES bring glory to God...
whether or not man intends it
What a great first day...
up next Sunday!
that amazing day where we see all those things that make you KNOW you really
really really really are in
PARIS...!!!


1 comment:

Alicia said...

Enjoyed so much reading your posts on Paris and all adventures in Paris! I have to say I love the photo of Buddy looking over the river with the French flag, neat!

I hope that your feet are catching a break!?! My feet ache thinking about all the walking.