Tuesday, October 20, 2009

it was the Best of times It was the Worst of Times

that's a line from a great novel isn't it... It rather sums things up here... it's great to be home, close to family.  Great to be in a good homeschool group, kids making nice friends!  Great to have a husband who is working (a lot) when so many wonderful husbands are out of work... We are so excited about so many things happening right now!  God is moving and doing things in our lives and we are brimming with enthusiasm!

That part is the best of times...

The worst of times would be... When you hand the reigns over to God... (though He really has them all the while, YOU just like to feel like ya do), and just sit back, and NOT try to control things... it is a bit scary... ever sit in the passenger seat of a car and ALMOST hit the car in front of you?  your foot went right to the "imaginary brake" at the right side of the floor in front of you didn't' it...  ?  well it's in our nature (all be it, sinful ha ha... tis true) to just WANT to do things OUR way, to control...

In the midst of God doing all these things, is the reality of WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT HE WILL DO NEXT... but we know it'll be good... so we are chillin'
I have pleurisy... seriously ... yuck... they say it can take 6-8 weeks to clear up... it feels like it too.. 
I keep going and doing my stuff.  Painting walls, spray painting picture frames, homeschooling, redecorating, hey!  I even helped Rob with the new floor in the bathroom!    But it catches up with me if I do not pace myself... honestly, it can catch up even if I do...
My mom... aka OMA, has taken a turn for the worse in her battle with cancer... Doctors do not extend much hope... They really need to breed them better in these colleges... HOPE counts!  HOPE matters!  HOPE..........  how do they just withdraw it, like money from a checking account... well I have news for them... MY HOPE IS IN JESUS...  and I am choosing to not mourn at this time... remember the verse, "this is the day the Lord hath made, Let us REJOICE and be glad in it"... I am rejoicing my mom, our beloved Oma is here with us today!  I am glad!  I am hopeful, that she will be here tomorrow :)  It is a hard time....
All adventures must come to an end... All adventures have such terrible, such horribly painful trials... but trials are meant to be endured, and that is something Oma shows us each and every day, as she perseveres.  

My mother........  what an amazing legacy she has gifted us. One of greatest strength; strength of character, strength of will, strength of endurance..........  My mother.... with a heart for home, for family, for children, valuing these things above all else... and countless lives have been touched by her... My mother, who never gives up, never gives in, in all times presses on, moving forward........ she'll say it like she sees it, and that is THAT....  fallible, lovable, intelligent, thoughtful, a woman of great priorities..... My mother.... she taught me how to save, how to spend, how to cook, how to sew, how to crochet & knit, how to love children, how to teach, how to be... I love my mother...  My mother is the loving Oma, living up to the highest of callings, my wee little children's heart expectations... she is simply adored by them... Lord Jesus call her yours too....My mother, is my Daddy's best-est friend, most darling sweet heart, and set that great example for me.  I thank God for giving me her and no one else to be........ my mother.

This is a time of great transition for our family, emotionally, physically, spiritually, and we are learning to pray with fervor we've not known before......  drawing us nearer to one another, nearer to God....  He reveals to us in increments the frailty of our humanity, through bits of brokenness, like shards of broken glass, and we are careful to pick up all the pieces... careful to not cut ourselves, careful to bring it all to the Lord in prayer, lest we are not put back together again... like Humpty Dumpty... we are learning more of the great importance of taking CARE of one another, of walking in GRACE, LOVE, JOY and TRUTH...

It really is the Best of times,
it really is the worst of times...........

No comments: