Saturday, July 10, 2010

waterproof bandages

Waterproof bandages are really important when you live at my house in the summer.  We have a pool.  Sometimes boo boo's occur... though once you hit 4 years old or so, we stop calling them boo boo's and call them wounds.
C.S.was wounded on the deck today... a nail was attempting to escape.. Papa fixed that right up.. but only After the wound took place..
So... the FIRST AID kit was grabbed and we discovered we were all OUT of waterproof bandages, and frankly there really IS NO POINT in putting any other on... it will only float to the top of the pool in about 83 seconds. Leaving the wound burning, and said child sitting on the deck.  While siblings and 1/2 the neighborhood frolics in YOUR pool with out you...
What IS a mom to do?
Well...this mom quietly read her book and let the teen be... he did not sulk a bit...said it REALLY was no big deal...and went in to read.   hmmm highly suspecious I agree...
so I waited... and waited..till the DAD finished what EVER dad - ish thing he was doing and passed life-guarding duty off on him... went IN the house.  I changed OUT of my suit, & told the boy we were leaving to go to CVS. He inquired as to why, and I told him we couldn't let the day be spoiled all because of need of a bandage...
and we were off..
And he was so glad... So Thankful.. It HAD mattered you see... and I knew it.  and somehow,I think...that he knew I knew it..
it was not that long ago that I was a teen either...and it just matters...
I don't know how I will fair these next few years... But we are nearing the end of the 1st of the teen years.  We have survived. We still REALLY like him! :)
So far it seems mutual
Here's to working to KEEP IT that way....
even IF a silly thunderstorm showed up as we LEFT CVS... so NOT my fault...in the end... THAT just God and Nature...
ME???
I met My very cool kid, where HE was at...
and it's cool :)
very very Cool!

No comments: