way behind with blogging. I beg your pardon... Life took over these past few months. Kiah has been ill, and I have been as well. Praise the Lord, we are on the road to recovery and thankful as could be....!
Today the weather is a bit dreary, I love it. It is the clean up the house, and curl up to read sort of a day; a let the Lord water the lawn and garden while I snuggle up with the kids sort of day... except that, they aren't cooperating... oh well, I still enjoy these rainy days, they sprout the seeds in my garden, and grow my plants bigger and lusher than I ever can with a watering can, or hose....
Gardens, do you garden? I love to garden. My front garden is delightful this year... My back garden is desperately in need of time, attention, and diligent weeding... oi vey! weeds have taken over! I just couldn't get to it in early spring, having been ill and all, and if you don't tend to it in march, April is hard, and if you don't tend to it in April, may is a bear, and we just passed through may, and let me tell you, it's like a JUNGLE back there.... frightening really..... truly, I KID YOU NOT!
But my front garden, it is .... delightful really. Several years ago we attempted to plant the front garden with seeds and roses... Rose bush after rose bush died, one barely survived. Each year the clump of plants grown from seed was barely noticeable , yet this year, this year the garden has come alive! The rose bush is strong, and vibrant with brilliant dark red blooms! very hardy, the daisies, 4 or five clumps are substantial, and I am eagerly awaiting the first blossom to open! The holly hock has buds and looks robust! The German chamomile looks so lacy and delicate and delicious, words can not express my enthusiasm! With a saliva addition, and some other cheerful new plants and a few annuals, it is as cheery as can bee! oh goodness and the morning glory is coming up, and the moon flowers are coming out of the ground, and the red trumpet ones too! Each day a little taller, a little fuller, I do so look forward to when they twine around the porch and up the trellis and make the house come alive with their presence, and delicious colors and scents! oh lovely gardens!
That the back might too come alive still.....
Kiah has successfully breed ed her butterfly's and now has 6 healthy caterpillars!
Cole's new arrivals are 2 tadpoles, soon to be leopard frogs.....
Ben is Ben, he is two, he is busy, he is not Benjamin, but Ben as he will tell you if you ask... Ben has a whole lot to say, he still speaks two languages, and still interchanges the two languages making mommy comprehension difficult at moments.... But between English and Baby we usually understand him ok, others, not so much, but our family is getting better at "getting it'. He is awfully serious when talking to people though... it is rather amusing.
Soccer season is coming to an end... Kiah looks forward to another year, Cole has decided it is not the sport for him... Ben likes EVERY sport.... but Ben is two...
Rob is immensely busy with work. His mind is occupied with the project he is on and studying the word of God... And so life is good... God is Great!
Illness..... that is another entry all together.
Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Welcome back! We missed hearing from you. So glad you and Kiah are on the mend.
Post a Comment