
We are called to go out and make disciples of all nations. We are called to Love the Lord with all our heart all our soul and all our strength. We are to be Jesus to the World. We are to be His hands and His feet. Jesus touched people. With all our "personal space" today, that sort of seems weird. Jesus washed their feet, Mary anointed Jesus' feet with aromatic expensive oil. There is in these acts an intimacy I don't fully grasp. I am for the most part "personal space" nut. Jesus healed people, not only with words, not only spiritually but really, he touched them. He healed them with touch. Oh, am I supposed to do that too? Touch people, even their feet? Participate in loving His people enough to let Jesus touch them, perhaps heal, or even soothe their pain through ME? that seems a bit much. I don't know if I have that much compassion. does that sound shallow? Well, it's just honesty. Jesus is really stretching me here. And up came this class on lymphatic massage. It could be a blessing to my family for me to be trained in this. perhaps even friends.... but I don't know.... I had a million excuses (nearly). me? oh Lord, why ME? Are you sure ? ( that is such a theologically incorrect question, it is pathetic)
OK so I signed up.... It was for Thursday...
So with the big looming ? about whooping cough, I was really torn about going to the lymphatic massage class yesterday. As much as I just wanted to stay home and care for Ben, (here is my OUT) ... but I was convicted after much prayer, that this illness, like all the rest before it, is the BIG reason for taking the class. God has something here that I need to learn. so the fleece.... I submitted the Dr.'s words to my mom, sure that she'd NOT want to watch the boys, she isn't in the best health either.... but guess what! She confirmed my answer to prayer by saying she'd watch him no matter what... "just go to that class." In her firm way. :) So I went.
It was wonderful! I really enjoyed it. I learned so much, and look forward to practicing. I really feel like the Lord opened up a whole new area for me to learn and study. And it came so naturally to me. Kiah came with as she is very interested in medicine and ALL healing arts. She has a very soothing, compassionate heart, and a healing nature. She played the part of observer :) which she did rather well, taking notes, and drawing pictures.
All of the ladies present were wonderful, and the teacher Sarah Berg, was a delight. The first part of the class held in her home was lecture. Then she gave a demonstration on my friend Cathy (the lady who invited me) and then we had a lovely lunch. Pureed Vegetable soup (with chunks of broccoli, carrots, cauliflower), bread with butter, and homemade wheat free cookies (yes with CHOCOLATE chips! ).. It was lovely, and topped off with herbal teas.
From there we did massages with her instruction and observation, and then switched. We had to get it just right. It was hard to remember all the draping, and to get it "just so", so that I wouldn't breech any modesty issues. I was blessed to give a massage to my sister in law Alicia! how fun. It made it easy to give one to her, because I love her, and know about her aches and pains, and wanted to bring her some relief and healing. She returned the favor and gave me a massage. Now I must say that was wonderful! (She is actually a professional massage therapist ) So I had it better than she. :)
I am utterly exhausted, and glad to be back tending to Ben. Last night he had a terrible tummy ache, and I did some of the technique on him and he said it was all better! Wow! He went from clinging and whining and crying and clutching his belly, to jumping on his bed screaming," it feels all better Mama thank you ! Thank you mama!"
I guess I made the right choice in going. As hard as it was. I am glad I went. It was a pro-active step to start approaching these illnesses in Victory rather defeat. Don't you love when Jesus shows you that? I could have sunk into defeat, and stayed dutifully with Ben, regretting all that I was not learning that might be helping him. But instead, we had a bit of Victory! Praise God!
Keep equipping me Lord! That I might be YOUR hands and feet. Take me where you will, show me what to do, give to me the courage, and thank you for keeping your promises, like that you will never leave me nor forsake me. thank you Jesus!
OK so I signed up.... It was for Thursday...
So with the big looming ? about whooping cough, I was really torn about going to the lymphatic massage class yesterday. As much as I just wanted to stay home and care for Ben, (here is my OUT) ... but I was convicted after much prayer, that this illness, like all the rest before it, is the BIG reason for taking the class. God has something here that I need to learn. so the fleece.... I submitted the Dr.'s words to my mom, sure that she'd NOT want to watch the boys, she isn't in the best health either.... but guess what! She confirmed my answer to prayer by saying she'd watch him no matter what... "just go to that class." In her firm way. :) So I went.
It was wonderful! I really enjoyed it. I learned so much, and look forward to practicing. I really feel like the Lord opened up a whole new area for me to learn and study. And it came so naturally to me. Kiah came with as she is very interested in medicine and ALL healing arts. She has a very soothing, compassionate heart, and a healing nature. She played the part of observer :) which she did rather well, taking notes, and drawing pictures.
All of the ladies present were wonderful, and the teacher Sarah Berg, was a delight. The first part of the class held in her home was lecture. Then she gave a demonstration on my friend Cathy (the lady who invited me) and then we had a lovely lunch. Pureed Vegetable soup (with chunks of broccoli, carrots, cauliflower), bread with butter, and homemade wheat free cookies (yes with CHOCOLATE chips! ).. It was lovely, and topped off with herbal teas.
From there we did massages with her instruction and observation, and then switched. We had to get it just right. It was hard to remember all the draping, and to get it "just so", so that I wouldn't breech any modesty issues. I was blessed to give a massage to my sister in law Alicia! how fun. It made it easy to give one to her, because I love her, and know about her aches and pains, and wanted to bring her some relief and healing. She returned the favor and gave me a massage. Now I must say that was wonderful! (She is actually a professional massage therapist ) So I had it better than she. :)
I am utterly exhausted, and glad to be back tending to Ben. Last night he had a terrible tummy ache, and I did some of the technique on him and he said it was all better! Wow! He went from clinging and whining and crying and clutching his belly, to jumping on his bed screaming," it feels all better Mama thank you ! Thank you mama!"
I guess I made the right choice in going. As hard as it was. I am glad I went. It was a pro-active step to start approaching these illnesses in Victory rather defeat. Don't you love when Jesus shows you that? I could have sunk into defeat, and stayed dutifully with Ben, regretting all that I was not learning that might be helping him. But instead, we had a bit of Victory! Praise God!
Keep equipping me Lord! That I might be YOUR hands and feet. Take me where you will, show me what to do, give to me the courage, and thank you for keeping your promises, like that you will never leave me nor forsake me. thank you Jesus!






3 comments:
When Kathrin was a baby, our insurance approved infant massage classes for me. I so wish I had had those lessons with Andrew.
I can not tell you how much I use what I learned everyday. Not just how to massage for comfort or relieve, but how certain touches bother my kids.
I am so glad that you went.
And, that you were able to see results with Ben.
It sounds very interesting. So glad that the Lord confirmed that you were to go by your mother's loving response! :-) I hope and pray that it will be of much help to you and your family.
Is this different than a normal massage or say back rub? Just curious. But I can always google it since all my family is asleep right now. My dear husband is not feeling well - a cold we think since it is tiredness, stuffiness,
and a headache. :-(
So glad that it is not Pertussis! (did I spell that right?) Keep us posted as to what they say it is.
You know, it really in many was was not like what I am accustomed to think of when I think of massage. It involves a VERY light light touch. It is performed while client (or in my case loved one) is laying on their back. In very slow VERY slow hand movements, you basically trace the lymph vessels all the way up the body to sort of energize them, or jumpstart them. I am obviously really simpliying it a lot. But that is the basic premise. For the most part you are only lightly touching to move along the lymph. It is for helping the immune system.
She did say there are some who should never have this massage done... Anyone who ever had TB, persons with active cancer, organ donar recipiants... and a few others.
Also in re. Bens cough... I don't think the dr. is persuing any further testing at this time. It seems to him and to me, that the little guys system just became totally overrun, with allergy overload... This can lead to stressing out his immune system, and really, he probably just had no resistance whatsoever to whatever this bug is. Like his compromised Allergy Overload state left him Wide open for any bug in town... :) The doctor felt that due to all the circumstances, and symptoms and length of time it progressed, that it has more characteristics of a bacterial infection than that of a viral infection. So we have agreed to put him on an antibiotic treatment. Along with probiotic and extra vitamin C. I pray that this coarse of action brings about healing for little Ben. We have been using echinacia, and another tincture from Dr. Deatherage, and WOW, has that been helping. Thank you for your love, friendship and prayers! :)
Post a Comment