Saturday, November 10, 2007

Vaccine Requirements for Adults ????


I don't know about this one friends.... Click on the title of this article which is a link to read the brief article and let me know your thoughts... something about this being a REQUIRED vaccination makes me feel creepy.... differing views welcomed.

I just am so utterly awed at how easily we Americans lay down our rights for the sake of a not so good medical "insurance" policy. By insurance meaning the idea of Paying at all costs to not have (fill in the blank) happen to me..... It is practically extortion! First off, these vaccines are not even guaranteed to work. Often times causing tremendous health issues even death. In no way am I saying if you want these vaccines, you shouldn't be able to get any one or all of them. But again to force people to do this is ridiculous! We are not pod people.

We are uniquely, fearfully and wonderfully made. What medicine that works amazingly in you, can kill me. So WHY are we pursuing this universalism. We must stop treating people as just a bunch of #'s, but rather as real people, with lives, and loves, family and meaning and purpose unique each to his or her very own. It's like saying peanuts can kill, so let us ban all peanuts. For some people peanuts can kill, for others, they are a joy to delight in. From Peanut butter, to roasted and salted, to a nice Reece's now and then.... For some people imitrex works wonders on their migraines, for others like myself, this drug can kill us. Penicillin is another great example, it does not work on every one. I t will save one persons life and kill an others.

These laws requiring all persons to have these vaccines are in my view a frightening violation of my basic human rights. No longer will my doctor be my partner in my health care; but some arbitrary lone figure behind some desk, somewhere in the land of bureaucracy will be my judge, jury and executioner... And they'll never see my face, never hear my plea, never know my name... Just my number....
Welcome to 1984... Very Orwellian.....

1 comment:

Teri said...

Like you, I don't like being told what to do and don't feel the need to get them. Now, I get the tetanus- I have a lovely habit of cutting myself when cooking and needing stitches. And, I vaccinated my kids- but this is ridiculous!

It is interesting, we are the sickest we have ever been (Americans,) but have the most medical advances. We accept being sick and not feeling well as part of life and hope for a magic pill to make it all better. Instead of looking at what we eat and do as part of the problem.