A little pool time after skating yesterday was just what the little peoples muscles needed.
Buddy has a boo boo on his ankle, which means Papa will buy him his own ice skates instead of having to rent them... Pooor Buddy.
Caspian is sore trying to do skate drills in hockey skates, rather than "mens figure skates.."
Princess Ki has nice skates, but I confess we bought really super affordable skates ... (aka cheap) and they don't have a lot of ankle support. Which leaves the already weak ankled girl quite sore after learning to spin today and learning the preliminary stuff to jump... we may need to upgrade just a bit...
So the pool was WARM and wonderful.. And some other kids came and played "Marco POLO" with them, and in all they had a great day!






2 comments:
I remember when the girls were little and taking skating lessons that the folks said the rented skates were much better than most purchased skates because of the ankle support they gave. Ouch - poor little things! I'm glad the swim helped!
Annette, I have heard this as well. I think however that as great as the rink we skate at may be, that their rental skates would definately make the exception. These are hard plastic skates that they got 14 years ago when they opened, and were hand me downs from another rink. They are torture devices. :) The big kids have their own skates, but Buddy and I had to use rentals... We are off to buy him some new ones... Sports Authority here we come! :)
Post a Comment