Sunday, May 16, 2010

ahh the ALCAT what do I think...

I think...
allergies stink
really they do...
for a little boy to be allergic NOT to milk
but what WE do TO it in this country is pathetic...
so allergic
that we switched to Coconut milk
as he thought rice milk was too watery..
and is SOY SENSITIVE
only to learn..
that
he is (thank to lyme the dr explained)
sensitive to Coconut
so...
no more Coconut milk
no more Coconut Macaroons
no more Coconut !!!
and THAT may not matter to you
but when so many things are NO no no no's
something that a 5 year old really DOES like
becomes a no no
it can make a Mama want to sit and cry WITH him
when he finds out...
(NO wonder they said to come alone WITHout Buddy..
better leave that Bad NEWS bearing up to Mama...)
:(
that and egg yolks...
he LOVES eggs... especially the yellow part..
and the list goes on and on and on...
the list we got over a week ago now...
and have been slowly
BUT very activly attempting to implement..
and ...
seeing improvements...
along with some serious stomping feet
and sad moments...
He really is the cutest little five year old God could have blessed me with..
and QUITE the trooper..
:)
We make his bread with egg substitute & it IS gluten free too...
His morning eggs are either an egg white frittata or
egg substitute scramble..
He is VERY upset about the NO more Macarron bit
as these are yummy and gluten free...
so they were a big YES that suddenly became a big NO...
He found that NOW he likes Almond milk (where before he hated it) and
we even bought hemp milk so will give that a try too :)

things about the alcat that annoy...
it misses things you don't eat..
as in..
he went anaphylactic (No I can not spell today)
after having some sort of "nut" in France....
But because we chose to not give any more nuts till he could be tested..
and this was the best my doctor and I could make happen...
he no longer has antibodies in his little sweet body
to tell me which STINKING NUT made him sick..
so...
they want us to do the bleepin' rotation diet with nuts..
NOT something I WANT TO DO with something that makes my kids tongue swell
makes him drool and stop breathing..
can you blame me???
hmmm
so was the Alcat helpful
yes...
do i love it..
I think it told me TOO little
and cost me TOO much
so love it I DO NOT
not today i don't
perhaps tomorrow...
tomorrow is another day! :)

No comments: