Tuesday, May 04, 2010

ALCAT- 1/2 full or 1/2 empty?

ALCAT is a really fancy Allergy Test..
It tests over 250 foods
and oodles of additives
and some other fun things... like flouride..
Buddy took the test last month..
a few days before he took the fancy Western Blog
so...
Buddy has had 2 count downs..
this week, I get to go in and get some RESULTS!!!
and I am so excited to find out..
all the wonderful foods
Buddy CAN eat
:)
it really IS a glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty sort of test..
how do YOU look at allergies...?
Do you see the glass as 1/2 full?
or .. 1/2 empty?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see it as half full, because though having food allergies is incredibly tough, it causes you to become creative, think outside of the box, and really appreciate the foods that you CAN eat! It teaches you to "eat to live", and not "live to eat". You start to view your diet as a means of nourishment and health, instead of recreation...which I think it's how it should be!

Good luck...I'll be thinking of you....if you need any help with food/product/recipe ideas...just let me know!

Hope this week is going well,
Candice

Anonymous said...

Hi! I agree with Candice! The world of fodd allergies is so challenging. Not many people understand it and if you have to the extent that Candice and I do, well...it's just a crazy ride! :) I also have Lyme Disease, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and can eat about 10 things! Crazy life! My doctor wants me to do the AlCat or something like it. I'm interested to hear about your results. Do you think it is more accurate than regular allergy testing? Thanks for your blog! You have a talent! Feel free to check out my blog at http://briandawndenio.blogspot.com/. You and your family will be in my prayers! God Bless! ~Dawn

sweetnika said...

Welcome Brian and Dawn!
Dawn, allergies ARE so hard, and it is so wonderful when we KNOW what we can actually EAT that will NOT make us sicker... that will not make us reel in illness further..
1/2 full here.. but the battle to reclaim our immune system is just THAT :) a battle!
I do immunotherapy and so do my children, but there are some things that even my dr thought we just needed to test with the alcat.. He wants to test with Quest next some of those same foods as it seems they test different pathways, and a food that seems very normal in one test may test VERY sensitive in the other, he explained that is because of pathways.. I hope to learn more about this and blog about it in the future :)
Thanks for sharing your blog! i look forward to delving into it! :)
Hope you visit often!

sweetnika said...

Thank you Candice for your wonderfully encouraging words :)
It has been a challenging week, but such is it with ALL of life's adventures!
(((hugs))) praying for YOU!
love to you dearheart
<>< anika