Sunday, August 29, 2010

do you see what I see?

Each week, we drive to piano lessons...
Each week, come rain or shine, IF C.S. & Princess KI feel ok, IF they are well enough
we drive to the north end of town, to our wonderful teacher.
Each week we drive under these railroad tracks.
Each week I admire the artwork.
Each week it makes me think of other train tracks I have seen..
in the other cities I have lived in with my husband ...
on our little adventures...
and it occured to me..
that someday, there might come a day..
when it is THESE tracks I am missing..
because THESE are the tracks that ARE HOME.
THESE are the tracks we drive beneath EACH weeks.

These are the ones we admire...

so THIS week...
I parked up a ways..
got out, and did what I usually ONLY do on
ADVENTURE trips

I made some photo memories...
Our piano teacher has some lovely autum flowers out..
and I decided...
to shoot some photos of those too..
because lately.
JUST getting out of the house..
and surviving can feel like an adventure..


and frankly
a black-eyed susan always cheers me up
:)
how about you?
have you stopped to see things in your world lately?

3 comments:

Kathryn Grace said...

Hey, did you know that those tracks are literally 5 minutes from our house??? Sometime if you're feeling good you all should stop by!

sweetnika said...

I always MEAN to stop by :) the kids lesson lasts 1 1/2 hours! So at least 3 of us could visit for a nice spell :)
I forget your house number.. I know the road.. but forget the # :)
perhaps you could email it to me !

Jill said...

great idea!