Friday, May 12, 2006

May...

May May,
sweet sweet May...
Apple blossoms, tulips, daffodils, May.
Spring rains, lovely fragrances, neighbors out, May.
Grilling, and soccer, baseball, and bike rides, May
Sidewalk chalk, windows open, puddle jumping, worms, its MAY!
End of school year, booksales, conferences, weddings, showers, Mothers' Day it is MAY.
Memorial Day, camping, frog hunts, fishing, gardening, muddy shoes, May.
April showers lingering....
June sunshine looming ahead...
Its May.

May is a busy month here at "Cornforth Manor"...
The calendar is packed, with practices, games, play dates,laundry, dinner dates, conferences, piano, doctor appointments, laundry, dentist appointments, remnant colds, weeds to be pulled, allergy medicine to be bought, lawn to be mowed, laundry, garage to explode, bandaids to be bought and used, bikes to be tuned, Mothers Day, Camping, Memorial Day, overtime work, books to be bought, curriculum to be chosen, subscriptions to be renewed, Laundry, oh, May is a busy month. Did I mention Laundry...
Life can be so busy, that I can push my Savior aside in trying to do it in my own strength. In not finding time to worship and adore Him who is my strength, and my salvation, my Rock, my strong tower. Cole reminded me today, "mom, you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength." Yes, But well, sometimes, I seem to forget the doing through Christ, or maybe that it is He who gives me strength. Or well, that I have any strength at all in HIM. He is my refuge, and like today, I didn't do all. But I submitted my day to my Lord, and it was quite a day let me tell you. So then I lost my keys, and couldn't leave the house, maybe that was a blessing, for I have been running around a bit too much. Then it rained and rained, and they canceled soccer practice ! Yes I know it's not raining for me. But it sure is a blessing, for there is much to do here, and as I just mentioned, we've been running around too much. I love how my King, reignes over my day, I love that He reveals things to me, I love that He used my son, to remind me to stop working in my flesh, but to work in my Lord's strength. To run to Jesus as my day is overloading. Even if nothing had gotten canceled, He would have renewed me, and stengthened me. How do I know? He has always been faithful to do it. Hebrews 13: 8 says Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever.
Is your day so busy you don't have a moment to hear the wind breezing thru the trees, or the birds singing, or stop to smell the flowers all blossoming? Are you running in your own strength? Stop, breath, run to your Ccreator, the One who makes the wind blow, who made the bird to sing, and the flower to emit lovely fragrance. He made it that it would be enjoyed. He created the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that in them is, and rested. He did it all in 6 days, I think helping me must seem like a hiccup. Please, I'm thinkin' He can handle my day, even if I can't.
He's called us to
rest in Him.
Trust in Him,
rely upon Him,
abide within Him,
seek Him,
love Him,
obey Him,
worship Him,
honor Him,
it's the most important thing we can do. Yet in the busy days, do we do it? Does the urgent steal the place of our priority? I know somedays it does here. Yet He loves me, and shows me Himself, His word reminds me of the true truth. He brings me back again, repentant, thankful, and joyful.
Oh when I watch my toddler, how I can totally relate. I am so much like a wee toddler in my Father's World, and I too feel so much better, so much safer, so happy to know my Father is home, that I am not alone, that my crys are comforted, my hand is being held. Me and Ben, we are just the same. I only look like I've got it together, my tantrums are more subtle, my panic less noticeable, than that of my toddler Ben..
I love that God gave me children.
He show's me what it means to be His child every day.
Hope you have wee ones in your days that God can use to humble you.
Children are a beautiful thing.
As for May, while as lovely as it may be, I'm glad it comes only once a year.
YOU ARE LOVED
<>< anika

No comments: