I came across this quote. I really like it.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen,
not only because I see it,
but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis
Coming to know Christ personally, being ransomed for the debt I incurred through my own selfish, sinful ways, has changed me utterly. Is there nothing left of my old self? Yes indeed, far too much I am afraid.
But knowing Christ as King, knowing God is there, that He is real, and holy, and infinite, while I am sinful, and finite; Knowing God's word is truth,
has altered my self drastically.
It is a truth, that has shed light on all I see.
It is truth that renews my mind, changes what I would see,
and shows me something different.
It has given me a very different world view.
What is a world view?
It's the lens with which you view the world around you.
How you perceive, interpret the data you gather as you just do life.
We all have a world view, just as we all have a theology.
We do not all have the same World view, just as it would seem do not have the same theology.
here are examples of differing world views....
"People are special and human life is sacred, whether or not we admit it... Every person is worth fighting for, regardless of whether he is young or old, sick or well, child or adult, born or unborn, or brown, red, yellow, black or white." Francis Schaeffer
"I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life! Go ahead with your own life; leave me alone." Billy Joel
"In Germany, the Nazis came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I was not a Jew...Then they came for the Catholics, and I was a Protestant, so I didn't speak up. Then they came for me....By that time, there was no one to speak up for anyone." Martin Niemoeller
Here we have a small assortment of worldviews.
One is a biblical worldview, can you guess which one?
Christianity is not to be selfish, and uncaring, nor is it to me apathetic to the world around it.
What we think shows up in many ways.
For example...
If we don't think we have value, we could never see the value of modesty, or purity.
Our worldview shows itself, in the way we dress, the way we communicate with others, with our attitude, and in our actions.
Why is it so often the Christian looks so very much like the world?
The reasons could be numerous.
Rather than cast stones, If we see this "secular worldview" in the body of Christ, we should see this brother or sister and begin to pray diligently for them, and ask the Lord to soften their heart to His teaching. Maybe God would use you or me, as an instrument to touch their lives, to bear the light torch, so that they can see the scriptures and be renewed and transformed by the Holy Spirit. Pray and ask this of the Lord, search His scriptures. Learn the person, help them to see it for themselves, rather than YOU sticking it to them right off the bat. Learn them by asking questions, and listen to the answers. What have they told you, what have they NOT told you.
Maybe we could be "Instruments in the hands of a Redeemer."
Would not that be exciting?
So ask yourself, as I ask myself,
would your world view be up for the task. Would you be able to answer "honest" questions with honest answers. Or would you rely on rote answers, or be irritated? Would you have the answers? Would you know where to look for them? Would you just whip out a bible verse at them? Or would you just want them to read the Book and do what it says...Would you just want them to come to your church and listen to your pastor?
Did you know God is calling each of us to do this for one another in Christ? To be this vessel for His glory.
Are you ready?
You are loved
you matter,
you have worth,
so much that Jesus Christ, both God and the son of God, came down from the heavens to suffer and die to pay the penalty for your sin.
Mine too. If you've realized you are a sinner, (not sure? Check out Exodus 20:1-17 to verify that you have indeed NOT kept all the commandments ) and confessed it to God, asked Him for forgiveness, and thanked Him for the work Jesus did for you on the Cross, if you've believed on the Lord Jesus as your King, well then,
Praise God! If not, well why not? Feel free to comment, and we can "chat" May the Lord bless you.
daughter of the King most High
<><>
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment