I remember sick days when I was a little girl. My mom would make me broth, and I would lay in bed all day, sleeping and reading books. My mom always loved on me. She made everything feel like everything would be all right.
Today, was a sad day. Cole had a sick day. A really sick day.
Not a hang out and watch educational videos,
but a lay in bed or run to the bathroom sick day.
It was sad.
I don't like seeing my sweet babies sick. It is so hard to watch their pain, their suffering.
I also so not enjoy catching these sorts of things from little persons,
or big persons for that matter.
I don't want to be sick.
I don't enjoy it.
I don't like to be around sick people.
Now when I say that, I don't mean, someone with a non catching disease.
I mean sick with the latest stomach flu, or head cold.
It really stresses me out.
I have a very low resistance to plagues, and it makes "loving on" my sick son rather a stretch for me.
I confess it. I know some who will gladly "bear one another's burdens", and love on their sick clan so much they end up sick, and it cycles about the house for weeks.
Whatever happened to the quarantine?
I fully support putting that in action at my house.
First, I get the TV table that my inlaws so lovingly gave us one Christmas. Then, deliver a pile of books, or books on tape. Tissue if need be, or bucket..Whatever the predominate symptoms would call for.
Lysol wiping all that I touch.
If the weather is nice, I open the window to air out the room, again wiping as I go.
Then, periodically through out the day, I bring the tray of soup or broth up with water, a book, maybe even a very loving note of encouragement on the tray. Bring the tray to the persons door, placing it facing them (to be extra thoughtful) in front of their door, I knock, tell them that a tray is ready for them, and I back away at least 5 or so feet. Smile, ask if their is any new symptoms, how's it going, you get the gist, and leave them. Of coarse this does not work for toddlers or babies, but only for big kids and husbands.
Ugh the plague is here, I have made attempts to quarantine, but the cute children (who do not always obey, yes, shocked you are, it's true though... believe me, I know. Yes they are fabulous, but...well, not perfectly obedient, or great at remembering rules...Especially the sick day rules.)
Said son, left his room today and wandered thru the house (touching things) all just because he "had to" tell me he loves me.
Isn't that sweet.
I hugged him, thinking he must be recovering,only to have him then run away to go & regurgitate .
Just so everyone knows, that is against the sick day rules.
Their is one bathroom to use when the sick person is sick. It's whatever bath is closest to your bedroom (we are very generous with quarantine) . No other family member is to use this bathroom till it is totally sanitized from top to bottom.
My lovely daughter used it several times,
only to say, sorry mom, I forgot.
I pray, if she is to be punished for disobeying it is not with the plague.
Oh well, I am up late keeping my eyes and ears open, making sure everyone still breaths, and foreheads are not burning.
All is quiet on the Western front...For now.
I praise God, for His mercy.
I pray to God to have more mercy.
Not only do I not want to be ill, or have anyone else ill,
I really really want to see Cole get better.
Sick days are icky, and sad.
It is so hard to watch suffering.
May I be stretched, may I grow from this, may I learn to love on, unabashedly...(yes that is probably spelled wrong. It's late !)
May the Lord bless my home by riding it of this illness,
by healing Cole swiftly,
and if it isn't His will to do it quite the way I would like to see it done,
may I grow in this,
and may Cole look back years and years from now, and remember having felt doted on, loved on, and safe...
(may he not recall what a germ freak his mom was)
Ah, YOU ARE lOVED!
daughter of the King most High
<>< anika
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Anika, I love your blog, your way with words is soothing (sp?) to the soul. Have a great day!
thanks so much for your encouraging words amy.
I praise God for your friendship and please don't stop with the comments!
Post a Comment