Monday, April 27, 2009

walking to Wisteria............ oooo so lovely

There are many little pathways the Christians of old used in this Ancient city, on this ancient "hill of prayer"... this is just one of them... leading in a zigzag pattern to little areas that served eventually the mighty Basillica... I love these trees, I love paining them... and need to try to get a photo that is less fuzzy, and with better lighting, so I might sit in my room and paint it... you will notice in the photo above, next to the large cobblestone pathway we walk on, there is a smaller rocky pathway that looks curved, or indented next to it.... well that is where the water runs, when it rains, a bit of a middle aged drain pipe system, not at all primitive, but still working quite beautifully, as we learned on Sunday :)

Below you will see one of my very favorite of all blossoms; the Wisteria, and amongst them see if you can spot my 3 favorite le enfants!


from far away they look like grapes hanging, I had to SHOW Buddy, that they are pretty blooms!

Princess KI thinks this is JUST the place one OUGHT to come for romance on one's honeymoon! oo la la!!!!!!! Lyon... the NEW Honeymoon location extrordinaire!


flowers, herbs, ancient walls and walkways everywhere we look! There is something so nice, so tended to about this place that one just doesn't see where we live... you get a bit of it in some of the New England towns... a bit... because they have been tended to, cultivated, cared for by families that have loved their "bit of earth" as Mary Lennox would say, for centuries... but living in burbia Illinois, well no one cares all that much about their "bit of earth".... it is so consummable, so reusable...
and frankly, it tastes like it...
I don't mean to get on my "organic" platform.... BUT I will... JUST for a moment
to say this
celery here has a taste............ it tastes pleasant, fairly strong and has an aroma..... the celery at home does NOT
I don't care WHERE you buy it
if it IS organic or not
i think we are really not caring for our soil.... and we need to start........
anyway.... we are loving it here, wishing our French was better, because....
the people are so nice, so happy, so pleasant, NOT at all what I was given to think they would be like. and I wish I could communicate with them, wish I could know what makes them smile....
Well
more photos coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








2 comments:

Alicia said...

WoW! How beautiful is Lyon :) And you get to live there for a few months! I sure enjoyed the photos of the kids, it was a joy to see their big'ol smiles from ear to ear. Any way have a blast over there.

Love Alicia and Rick

Cole said...

those fluers(French for flowers) smelled nice!


Cole<><