Coughing a plenty,
Napping indulged,
Breakfast in Bed
Lunch to Mama's reading
Today was a better day.
KI has strep throat, but not strep A...
and a uti,
still waiting for some results but fever is way down, and some times gone all together, a little sass in her today, which was a pleasure to see.
Buddy, remarked frequently on how his nose just isn't working, seemed to have enough energy to have me on my toes! again, I was so glad to see this. With the nose not working, the comments on how much his head aches went away... I am guessing his sinuses are finally draining, releaving the congestion he had in his head. :)
Caspian still has a nasty cough, but little to no fever, and also gave me a little run for my money today, with some playfulness in his spirits.
Rob came home with cold like sniffles etc, but I just shoved some echinacea and airborne his way and told him he was fever free, :) So that cheered him up.
I still have something, but it seems more in the head now, some steam and some more vita-mix smoothies and I should be just fine.
I know we aren't out of the woods yet, but things are less dense, and we see lots of sunshine in the near future. We had however NO actual sunshine here in Mass. today. But the temperature was mild enough I had the windows open much of the day to get some fresh air into these rooms. The fresh air, and the sounds of the world outside seemed to brighten everyones spirits and made the day a pretty good one.
Oma called and everyone had a turn chatting with her! Thanks for the call Oma! It is always a thrill to chat with family when we are away. Anytime anyone calls there is chatter about that call for the next day or so. Oh how we love our Family! Praise the Lord, how He has blessed us!
Much was learned about Ancient Greece and tomorrow we start on Philip, father to the "Great" Alexander! Woo hoo! Today we finished the Peloponesian War! Hurray!
Tom Sawyer had Caspian cracking up during quiet reading time and KI was diligently working on her reading too, the magicians nephew can be VERY exciting. Buddy and I read some nice books too, one in particular he did not want me to read, it is called the Gardener. I love this book, and by the second page he was captivated. The illustrations are lovely, and the story is really delightful.
Here's hoping the good Lord blesses us tomorrow as He has so wonderfully done today! For a sick day we sure read a lot of books!
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about all the sickies, but glad that they are on the way out.
I just wanted to let you know that we have A LOT of sunshine, and at 6 pm it is 62 :)
So glad you're all feeling a bit better! Can't wait until you're home again. Selfish me is getting quite lonely. BTW, are you guys still reading my copy of Exodus? JT was asking about it the other day.
ohhhh
you are blessed that I love you!
Miss you tons! Don't you miss the cold NOrtH?
I hope to come see you one day! Saw some photo's of your neck of the woods in a magazine today, and it made me miss you!
Post a Comment