Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday...???

Thanksgiving was delicious!  It was a feast to behold I tell you!  The Turkey, was made totally by Opa this year!  We are so proud of him!  It was lovely!  This turkey was the MAIN dish, it did NOT have it's customary twin... the smoked turkey... too much for our toned down thanksgiving... THAT would have been over the top...
But our Turkey was not alone... It was served with Princess Ki's famous Cranberry Sauce with yet another mouth watering alteration to her already perfect recipe!  Tres Magnifique!
Along with the Cranberries were Sweet Potatoes... a new and I thought exciting recipe BY me :) 
there were.... Mashed Potato's and GRAVY.... by me :)
Ginger glazed carrots... by me :) (another delicious recipe by me)
Corn (bought by Mags made by me)
and Green Bean Casserole made solely by Mags... I just popped it in the oven, as they were running late :)
There were rolls and butter, but it was all so delicious!!!!!
After there were desserts!!!!!!!
Pumpkin cake with whip cream (me) Amazing Brownies (Caspian!) Pumpkin bread IN the Shape of a PUMPKIN! (Nephew Hamlet- he is in the 2nd grade & I adored this recipe & the mold! Bravo!! Hamlet!!)
There was also amazing Cherry Cheesecake... (Mags- begging for recipe!!!!!! she swears its "so easy" :)  )
There was a triple berry pie, a Carmel apple pie (via Costco...)
and these ADORABLE little cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! each person got one!!!!!!!! they are shaped and decorated, either in the shape of a TURKEY! or a CORNACOPIA!!!!!!!!!! they are absolutely fabulous!  I will TRY to get a photo on :)
so we ate... we ate and ate and didn't fully finish indulging till very late... then.. we could not leave because we were all Roley pollies...  I do believe everyone left my parents near 10:30!  ha ha!!
What a LOVELY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew!  I love thanksgiving... I love the food, the preparing it with people I love, LOVE sitting down before a table sparkly with china, and wine glasses, a table that glitters... and folding my head and praying to ABBA Father, giving THANKS to Him who has blessed us with such a bounty!  A bounty of food, fellowship, love, memories, family....... Blessed be the name of the Lord!  For He is Good! 

Upon waking this morning, I had thought perhaps to take a jaunt to some stores with the Princess... we have gift cards you see that need to BE used!  With the economy the way it is, I would hate to see any one of these companies GO out of business, and leave us with a worthless gift card... then I remembered

BLACK FRIDAY

ugh... Why is it CALLED that??? It makes me afraid... I am not one of these bold pushy people... I hate crowds, and have MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities).  All those perfume wearing, hair spray adorning, mind altered, shopping crazed people who are up at 4 am just to shop, people who push you, push you out of the way, push things in front of you,they are the PUSHY people..I don't like these pushy people..  They might not even BE like that ANY other day of the year... But there it is... PSYCHO!!!!  Then there are the grabbers, grab, by this I mean grab you, grab things IN your hands, grab at you, they grab the thing you were pondering, and they don't treasure it AT all.. they just WANT to be done with their shopping.. They are like cattle who stampede, committing all these sins & like the Crusades they do it all in the name of something HOLY, and sacred.... they do it in the name of CHRISTMAS!
and to be QUITE honest and frank with you... they ... SCARE ME!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like paying Retail prices... Full Price.. WHAT ever!  I like Sales, I like discounts... but this day ... IS generally speaking... the ONE day of the year, I SWEAR OFF SHOPPING of ANY kind!
so... today...
I will go to the bank...
I will be here when the window guy comes to fix the windows..
I will do laundry, & dishes...
perhaps I will go to.... ACE Hardware (do people raid Ace?) and buy paint for the Princess' room...
Perhaps IF I have a great day, I will mosey over to the Saddlery with the Princess for riding gloves...
I doubt the last one... Horse Crazed... Shopping Crazed.. combined.. really scares me...

what do YOU do on

Black Friday          ???

1 comment:

mom nana nelson said...

A few yrs ago I went to Black Friday with my SIL. We stool on line from 11:30ish untill the doors opened at 4 am.
We were 3rd in line. It was the worse thing we could have thought of doing.
People there blatantly speaking of how they had no intentions on "buying" any thing, other wise known to folks like us as stealing, they we there to steal and steal only. Oh and they did. But we were 3rd in line.
Oh and it gets worse from there, around 2 am a "woman" shows up with a 4 wk old infant in carriage, on a cold dark night and as the night went on shoving, arguments and there she is with a infant. But we were 3rd in line. It all made my SIL & myself sick to our stomachs. But we were 3rd in line. When the doors opened things became complete mayhem, we weren't there for more than 6 minutes and lucky enough for us each to leave with the spanking new computers for our son's at a price that made it worth it, I mean and we were 3rd in line. It was obvious someone was on our side" !!! It was a disgusting outing. But we were 3rd in line.
There was even more incidents but I cant go into them all this post would never end.
That was my first and last Black Friday shopping, I stay home there's plenty to do here. I go to no store on this shriller day they call Black Friday.