So we are heading into that warm and wonderful season of Thanksgiving.. Rather delightful that it is before the Merry Season of Christ's birth.. Before we get spoiled with oodles of things under a tree.. Here in the States we sometimes get a bit goofy showing one another our love, with quite the bundle of treasures/treats/&toys for little or big girls & boys..
But the Wise men brought only 3 gifts... So in the spirit of 3 things Thursday...
I thought I would indulge in a Thanksgiving to God for 3 things.. even though His Gifts to me are immeasurable...
1. I am thankful for Salvation through Jesus Christ.. That despite how degraded our society is becoming, how selfish we can be as a people, corporately, and individually, that He chose to die on a cross to save .... countless people from wrath... that beyond that, He sent His Holy Spirit to dwell with in, to comfort and guide, encourage and keep.. I am so thankful to God for His love and attention...
2. I am thankful to God for my family.. that God would bless me with a wonderful father & mother to raise me, love me, encourage me.. was so gracious of Him.. To continue the blessing with a wonderful Husband and three beautiful, bright, shiny, smiling children to raise, educate, encourage and enjoy, and BOY do I enjoy them... is simply so beyond extravagance....... so lavish, this love He bestowes upon me is.. there are no words... this thankfulness extends to the grace God showed in blessing me in extended family, my husbands Lovely family, and to friends that God has graciously placed in my path.. you all know, I pray who you are, and how precious your relationship with me is.. though time, and or distance may keep us apart, the Lords Spirit, & prayer keep you close to my heart.
3. I am thankful to God for our Constitution, our freedoms even if fleeting.. For our Declaration of Independence, for the men who signed these, either with their pens or with their blood.. over the years..
Thankful for the freedoms our soldiers CONTINUE to fight and die for.. and for the Liberty (freedom from OVER government) that is so dear to me... For grandparents & parents who saw those words, heard of freedom and came here so that I might LIVE and live abundantly with in THAT state of grace, Land of the FREE home of the Brave... they came for us, for our children and our children's children.. I am thankful... and prayerful.. that we not squander it, not disregard it, out of fear, or fad... thankful for in this freedom, I can home educate, worship JESUS CHRIST as Lord, read my BIBLE, and fellowship with believers, free to assemble, to speak, free to LIFE LIBERTY & Pursuit of happiness....
yes I am thankful.. for so many things..
but those.. at least THIS Thursday are what I am MOST thankful for... because in the blink of an eye, they can all be taken from me... The grass withers and the flowers fadeth, but the word of our Lord stands forever....
thank you God... thank You so very very much...
XOXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I love this beautiful post you have written.
Man, it sure does speak the truth.
Your words just kinda jump right out and grab me. And for that my bloggin' friend I thank you ever so much.
This Thanksgiving I will be remembering you & yours, and happy I am your friend even if just in bloggin' land.
Your sista in many thoughts and prayers....
Patricia
Post a Comment