Saturday, November 28, 2009

Seven Word Saturday !!!

Ah the joys of Saturday!!!!!  I adore Saturday... when I was a little girl in my parents home the weekend was a glorious thing to wake to the smell of breakfast... the wafting aroma of my mothers coffee.  Daddy frying up bacon and preparing some wonderful delight... often fried potatoes with bacon bits and perhaps glazed onion, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic, simple and delicious....  by the time I shot out of bed to brush my teeth Daddy was practically singing "good morning sunshine face" and mama had a smile that beamed the house alive...  Daddy needed ME, you see, to help with scrambling the eggs... I would season and I would scramble... :)  There are so many memories of Saturdays like this one, that they all bleed into one.. I am four, or eight, or six, or eleven, but I am sunshine face, and I need to scramble, next to my Daddy while he is cooking up potatoes with bacon... JUST right ....

Saturday... are WONDERFUL....

they are not the same of course...now that I am the mama... I don't feel like I beam the house alive :)  but I drink my share of coffee :)  And Rob has helpers, but there are three of them now... and this morning French toast is on the menu... NOT exactly my Daddy's kind of breakfast... :)
But tasty it will be... with Maple syrup, powdered sugar... I even have whipped cream to serve on the table! 

Seven Words....

1.  Simple  - Saturdays mornings are ALL toooo often too too busy, keeping them simple builds memories

2.  Scrumptious - Saturday mornings should taste DELICIOUS... no cereal, pop tarts will do... go the EXTRA mile... and build a memory that lasts........... forever...

3.  Smile  -  Even if you feel like ^*#&$()*&# just SMILE, the people in your life are filled with such joy at seeing that smile..it reminds them, teaches them, everything is going to be ok.. smiles offer hope, spread joy, and are like SUNSHINE :)

4.  Sunshine- Open the drapes and let the sunshine in, let it be bright and cheery in your home, let the sun streak faces and do what it does as it dances on spatulas, faces, forks and knives...

5.  Sing -  Put on some fun music, and sing along... have a Saturday morning CD or Song to start your day with, that gets your family in the right frame of mind,... and if not the whole family, at least YOU... as you are an instrument in the Redeemers hands... and you are Reclaiming Saturday mornings :)

6.  Snuggle - Take time to snuggle, be kind, sweet, set your weekend off on the right foot!

7.  Seconds - Second chances... like no crying over spilled milk,THAT sort of thing... grace.. :) 
Seconds has special meaning for us THIS weekend each year... It is the second time we celebrate THANKSGIVING!  We found it tooo impossible years ago to "do" Thanksgiving properly with BOTH sides of our families.. Sometimes when we spread ourselves too thin, no one gets much of us at all.. It isn't fair to push people aside, to "squeeze" them in because I have somewhere ELSE I need to be... It is also hard to always BE late to where ever you are going...SO to be more generous with ourselves, and to better enjoy our ENTIRE family, we do a SECOND Thanksgiving on the Saturday after!  We do this wonderful day with my husbands family!  It is relaxed, grace filled, and far less stressed!  Second Chance, with no where to rush to after.. Second helping to pie perhaps???

Those are my seven words for Saturday!
Hope your Saturdays Are MEMORY making, blessing filled, days!!!!!!!!
don't forget to tell everyone you love... THAT THEY ARE LOVED>>> remember
so are YOU!

No comments: