Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mosquito bites


Ever go and get bit up by a swarm of mosquito's?
Rob says they are proof of the Fall.
Ever just get bit by One mosquito.
And have it itch and itch and itch for what seemed much to long to be a "normal" mosquito bite?
Ever been in a conversation that felt like a dark, hot, buggy, mosquito infested night?
Someone ever say something to you that really, I mean really bit you?
So that it bugged you for days?
Someone ever think they know you, when it is so unbelievably obvious that they really do not.
Did it hurt when they said things not in line with who you are or where you are at?
Did you have the quick comeback, the DEET so to speak?
It recently happened to me, and well I am still irritated.
I know a few people on planet earth. Not a ton mind you, but a few.
Some are saved Christians, some are not.
Some of those who are not saved, think that they are "christian",
but from their walk, & talk, it is obvious they are "their own brand" of christian,
which isn't the Bible believing "saved" kind. You know the ones I mean.
They are usually THE hardest to reach with the gospel message.
For they have "been there" and "done that" and "totally do church, sort of". Many in the past have referred to these as the "carnal christians". Anyway, I know some of these folks, in fact, I once was one of these folks. Then I read the Bible, Jesus revealed His self, His truth, His Spirit to me, and I was never the same. (Testimony for another time.)
Most of you who Know me, know that I am one of those other brand of Christians.
One of those Bible believing (yes even the 1st 11 chapters), Jesus Freaks.
I am the person I used to mock.
I am ok with that. Not everyone is, but well, that is ok.
So the other week, I somehow entered into conversation with one of these churchy christians. Now, this is someone I love, someone whom which I pray for, who I would rejoice with the angels upon the repentance and salvation of.
And yet, there it is. This person would rather see me as they wish to see me, rather than as I am. I can speak the truth, I can do all I can do to shine the light of Christ, but if you think fuzzy, and see fuzzy, who's to say that you hear clearly. So, I don't know who it is this friend sees when seeing me. I don't know what is heard.
All I know, is it isn't reality.
I don't know why what was said irritates me still. I have been praying about it for a while.
What was said?
Oh yeah that. A reference was made to Todd Agnew's new song, about Jesus. I know the song, but not the name. But it's about how Jesus would never be accepted in his church, etc. I really enjoy that song.
However it was indeed implied rather stongly, that I, me, ME, I would not accept Jesus if He came to my church, with sort of a sarcastic, mocking tone.
I don't even know what to say to that.
Pause here for reflection......
Now I realize that the heart is deceptive, and I can maybe take a look at, is this a true statement....?
(this is where you comment friends)
But there is so much wrong with that statement.
For instance let's just look at me.
I have given up so much to follow Jesus.
I KNOW the God of the Bible, I read it...(this person does NOT even read the Book)
C.S. Lewis said in Mere Christianity
" Your real self, new self (which is Christ's and also yours, and yours just because it is His) will not come as long as you are looking for it. It will come when you are looking for Him."

God through His Son Jesus, has changed me, my family, my world my everything.
Next point, "my church" (wait, isn't it supposed to be HIS?)
Up until recently the church I attended met in a highschool. (yes, icky icky, grafiti in the bathroom, sticky floors, YES)
and now we attend a church in an American Legion (yes that'd be WW1) and you should just hear those pipes when they try to keep us warm.
This person goes to a pretty church, with nice carpet, and nice stained glass windows and all that jazz.
So maybe part of what irritates me, is that it looks a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.
Part, makes me so sad to think what an awful job I am doing representing my KING.
Part, just annoys me, and makes me want to kick the trash can.
Ever been there. Just thinking of the comment, makes my eyebrows furrow.
Maybe I am just overly sensitive with the whole church thing right now.

"Many people visualize a God who sits comfortably on a distant throne, remote, aloof, uninterested, and indifferent tot the needs of mortals, ntil they can badger him into taking action on their behalf...The Bible reveals a God who, long before it even occurs to man to turn to Him, while man is still lost in darkness and sunk in sin, rises from His throne, lays asde His glory, and stoops to seek until He finds him." John R.W. Stott Basic Christianity
Let's look again at that quote I like sooooo much
"I believe in Christianity
as I believe the sun has risen,
not only because I see it, but
because by it I see everything else."
C.S.Lewis
It does not cease to amaze me how easily the enemy can grasp a foothold in our minds, and fill us with lies.
Psalm 25"1-2
Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee; let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
God is so good to me, I pray you give me grace in my hmmm, frustration. Endure with me the itching, anyone got any of that pink stuff for helping take away the itch?
IF it is a sin you see in me. Let me know. If I am not speaking the truth, living it, or seem to have "copped out" LET me know.
Otherwise, pray, that I stand firm in what I know, and this irritation goes away like the ichy ichy mosquito bit always does, EVENTUALLY.
YOU ARE LOVED

1 comment:

sweetnika said...

oh susan, you too are indeed LOVED!
Yes, scratch this bite I shall not. And thank you for those great passages in Scripture, I shall enjoy marking them in my Bible as it is "mosquito season."
What an encouragement ! Thank you thank you.

you're counsel is wise! : )