Monday, June 05, 2006

Would you if you could?

Ever hear the phrase, "I wouldn't change a thing?" Maybe even uttered it yourself? Remember the saying, "No Regrets"? "If I didn't do (fill in the blank) than this would never have happened, I like this so I'm glad for that."

This a very "New Age" theology. I hear it from "christians" often. It is not a biblical view point at all.
Can one be forgiven, if one is not repentant. Do you need to be sorry for your sins or should you be glad for them, because God in His grace worked all for good? Good for you that is. But you don't think it hurt anyone..... We sin not only against man, but more importantly when we sin, we sin against a HOLY God. The God of the Bible doesn't want our rebellion. We don't earn our salvation by turning a new leaf. Salvation is a free gift of God, but not everyone receives it. We won't all meet in up heaven.
"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" Matthew 3:2
"O Lord, do not Your eyes look for truth? You have smitten them, but they did not weaken; You have consumed them, but they refused to take correction. They have made their faces harder than rock; They have refused to repent." Jer 5:3
"Now after John (the Baptist) had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."" Mark 1:14-15
"I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance." Luke 15:7
"Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent." Acts 17:30

Forgiveness, does not come without repentance. But with repentance, forgiveness indeed does come. Guilt is simply our standing before the throne of God. Guilty we all are. But Jesus has paid the penalty for us. But be not mistaken He doesn't declare our sins as righteous. No, indeed. God declares us righteous by the blood of the Lamb. Not our sins. Us. It is called imputed righteousness. We should never be glad we have sinned. This is a lie from the enemy. A lie that will keep people from being saved. Also understand there is a difference between remorse and repentance. The difference is essential to understand. Lord have mercy on us.
So do you think you are good enough to get into heaven? Take the "good test at www.needGod.com and see if you are. I dare ya. Comment if you have taken the test to see.
Yet, I cannot leave it there, because there is something else wrong with that theology. It says that What I Did, whatever it is, it's ok, because I am happy now, I like my life.
Where the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. It's not about my happy happy life. It's not about whether I like my life now, it's about my life glorifying the LORD JESUS, and enjoying HIM. Forever. It isn't about us. It's about Him. So maybe you're glad, but it was SIN against a HOLY God. or it wasn't. The problem with the theology is that "christian" was attatched to it.
YOU ARE LOVED
<>< anika

No comments: