Thursday, February 26, 2009

raining....

raining....

it was really raining today. a yucky rain, the kind that makes every last bit of snow want to disappear and wash away with the tide that IS suddenly little rivers and streams all over the streets, sidewalks and parkways... the kind of rain where everything seems dirty, muddy, icky, rather than clean, and fresh.... Water retention areas began filling, and the fog that settled over the area was unsettleing.... like pea soup in spots... thick and earie....
hearts were hurting too.... and we even had thunder, and lightening... figuratively, and literally... what a day!
Do you know that Sanctos Rio Song??? I claim it!


today we got a call that we ought to have gotten last night had we NOT been out so late and missed it...and having BEEN out so late, as often happens to parents who are out numbered; by the time all the children were chased down, actually IN pajama's, with teeth assuredly clean and faces too, we simply fell into bed ourselves, and never checked our phone....

if we had we'd have noted that dad called,

my dad,

and that he didn't leave a message...

which usually means he didn't want to worry me,

but that there was something to worry me,

but that he perhaps didn't want to say it to some "voice mail" system... but rather to a real human...

I love my dad...

if it was nothing, he probably would have left a message....

but as it was I didn't notice anyway...

and got a call this morning...

My mom, aka OMA has been having a rough week of it ... to put it mildly, and last night her infection and breathing were awful bad, and her fever climbed past 105... they took her to the dr, and he ran some tests but thought it best to get her straight into the hospital... and that is where she is at...

the hospital, a nice private, lonely room....

I have a whole LOT of personal experience with hospitals, and being a patient in them... I know this is hard for her... how hard... that I do not know... but frankly, it is hard being here, and loving her, knowing she is there... suffering... still having a fever the next day...

today it was 103

I am thankful for the prayers for her, for all of us.... It is an awesome thing to KNOW that one that you love so dearly is being lifted to the Lord in so many prayers, it is beautiful and wonderful and humbling, and I am so thankful...

Prayers answered thus far... so many, but one in particular, that God has granted my mother favor with her doctor, who is so gracious and kind with her... He really seems to be going above and beyond with his treatment of her and we are so thankful for the special care! Praise God!

We continue to pray for her and my dad on many levels as this is so hard on so many levels, but also for the doctors and nurses to be wise, discerning, quick to listen, and ACTUALLY hear her, to be compassionate, and gracious in dealing with her. And for her, and Dad, these next few days they will be apart as she needs to stay in hospital, and it is always an opportunity for doubt or discouragement to enter in to thoughts, I am praying that the Lord would swipe away any such thoughts leaving only hope, and Himself....

The children were very grieved today, very emotional, Princess Ki did very poorly on an assessment as she simply could not "think" or "focus" and in the end she wept feeling terribly incapable... when indeed, we had to talk about how this "assessment" could be "redone", and how easily emotions, and the really important things in life will sweep off the lesser things from the table, and I explained to her that "that was what her mind did, swept off the lesser things for what was MOST important... " I was glad to know her heart if so focused on things of God, of Family, that her heart is so compassionate and beating so intune with Jesus'. pretty terrific kid... So they drew, they drew their hearts, and minds, making so many pictures to decorate Oma's room with; and played their music, and they were just creative, moody, prayerful, careful, touchy, huggy, sweet, sad, hopeful, eager, gosh, they are amazing....

so we visited because NOTHING else mattered to anyone...

we did piano, because they needed to see their friend, mentor and teacher and pray, and play with her...

and we visited Oma again with Papa...

tomorrow, more Oma

and Harp was cancelled.... the teacher called us... all I can think is OK Lord... I Know where you want me :) It is JUST where I want to be....

so glad to know it is where the kids want to be too... I like what He is doing in our little home... what He is knitting in our hearts....

maybe in the end,

after all is said and all is done,

we'll look a bit more like Jesus,

for now, I am in awe of the little bits of Him in me and in those people who live with me... really! I think awe is the word...

maybe there IS a better one...

but it's the one I have for tonight....

awe....

God is Awesome!

praying......


<><

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your Oma! (we have an Oma too!). We will keep her and you in our prayers.
Keep us updated...

Love,
Kathryn

Alicia said...

I am very sorry that she is so sick, I wish this wasn't the case. Praise God for answered prayers in regards to her doctor being so helpful, thats great news. I will continue to pray for her, you and the family. It must be so hard to see some one you love so much going through all of this. May the Lord continue to bless you with His awesome deeds and love.