Saturday, February 28, 2009

spying out a window...


Visiting Oma in the hospital is what we did yesterday.... the children even brought a blanket so they might sit and play cards or what have you on the floor with out the WHOLE world telling them how many germs there are on it....
Deep in the moment of an UNO game Buddy got bored. Four year olds do that, and so, as disenchanted as he was with cards, cars and stuffed friends, he peered out the window to look about.
The hospital my mom is staying at is old, it is newly decorated and nice, but it is in an old section of a small city, and so directly across the street are older homes, because the hospital is IN a neighborhood.. This provided MUCH for Buddy to observe.
Cars driving by, and cars attempting to park.
People driving by,
People doing all sorts of things.
Policemen,
Ambulance (the ER was directly below us by 3 levels),
birds,
mailmen,
so much!
At one point we were informed that there was

A lady, a lady looking around, and the lady was wearing a red scarf, with dark hair... and she was holding a white spoon....

to me this sounded VERY criptic, very mysterious, and very IMAGINARY.... I asked if Buddy thought if I could see her too, he looked at me like I was an absolute IDIOT...

so ever the intrigued mom, I went to the window...

There she was,
a dark haired lady,
passenger seat looking for a parking spot,
with a red scarf,
eat something with a white spoon....

no imaginary friend here....
just a crazy mom, for not believing

2 comments:

Alicia said...

That's super cute! I can just hear him saying it in his sweet little boy voice. And then he shoots you the "look" for not believing his thoroughly correct observation. Too funny, I can see it now!

Cole said...

And he was right!that was really funny
Cole<><