Monday, April 19, 2010

Garage Sales...

SALES...
SALES
SALES
They are everywhere this time of year,
and usually I AM the one ON the hunt for them,
carousing in my car with bits of cash in my pockets
hoping to find that special something
to turn my humble home into bliss...
well...
I really want to dump my humble home
for something more..
fitting our family...
something more accomodating financially
and for our new size..
awkward I know...
THAT said, we have been doing SERIOUS decluttering..
giving lots of things to charities
dumping lots of other things,
but..
there have been things THAT I have pondered selling..
and for THAT I called my darling cousin..
Karen is rather an expert..
She's been doing this a LONG time...
though HUMBLE as she is...
she'll UTTERLY
deny deny deny
any expertise...
but to that I say
WHATEVER!
I did squeeze some wisdom out of her though :)
Her counsel to me, was this..
AS I declutter I should clean it,
price it and
box it away in tubs marked for
a future sale.
so..
do you THINK I actually did all THAT??
ME?
ya'll know how crazy unfocused I can be right?
he he he :)
you BETCHA I did what she said to do!
in this tough economy,
I, along with MOST Americans
can use every nickle I can raise up from the clutter of my life!
I have been diligent even before my doubting Thomas of a husband.
YES his name is Rob...
but...
he's been very doubting about this WHOLE attempt of mine..
that said..
I never had a sale...
never had a sale
never had one..
instead
the house is ON the market,
and we adopted a baby..
LIFE got pretty busy
and the mere thought of HOSTING a sale utterly overwhelmed me..
but still, as I would run across this or that, I would price and put away...
Even the blessings got involved.
Then I got word!  A sale in the family!!!
Yes Cousin Gail was hosting the sale at HER house
and not just any sale
she was taking part in a HUGE neighborhood sale 40 something houses !!!
well...
They had room for my meager items and OFF we went!
A great time was had by all!
And I made a bit of money to boot!
woo hoo!

Here we all are! Cousin Karen, Aunt Marie, Me, and Cousin Gail!
talk about beautiful Garage Sale Queens!

Princess even got a Lemonade stand started with her cousins!
Thanks to the Tante's (aunt's) for the help with things like
water and tables,
paper and pens to advertise
and cousins for REALLY loud voices to announce the
VERY delicious
and
REfreshing
treat :)
Have you thought of ways to declutter YOUR world???
to bring in a bit of extra cash?
please feel free to share :)
this was fun for us,
decluttering has been great, and so was spending time with family!

No comments: