wearing a neck brace...
because my neck is in pretty bad shape.
I wasn't IN a car accident
Why the sudden inflamation occurred is undetermined...
What caused it pretty much is summed up with the answer..
LYME disease..
for an article on topic click HERE
it's just attacking right now, right there in my neck
making it impossible to move
and very very painful
Ah...
This too shall pass :)
One of the nice chiropractors who works with my LLMD
had me go to the hospital and have oodles of xrays
so he could compare the new ones to old ones..
he even took the time to look at the MRI's
i have some arthritis NOTHING too worrisome
it looks very much like what Lyme does..
he can't say for SURE
HE isn't the expert..
he readily admits he is learning...
he wants my new LLMD to take a gander..
till then.
some very specific adjustments to my neck
and to a spot in my back that will help the adrenals
which he says are VERY stressed out in me...
He has a nice simplistic course of action laid out
and a routine for me that I need to follow...
we will call my nice new chiropractor Dr. P.
I like Dr. P. very much so far.
He is kind. Humble, compassionate.
He is learning about lyme, and working with my doctor.
THAT means a LOT to me
He called to check up on me today.
He even gave me his cell #
if
I EVER need to call.
and I was like
?????????????
wow.
nice huh? I think so.
Dr. P. called my condition Acute, but considers it temporary,
he is hopeful that even the underlying cause can be healed
as I am healed from my Lyme
Dr. P. was VERY hopeful,
and that was NICE!
It is hard not going to my regular chiropractor.
I like him very much too.
Some decisions are just plain difficult.
I hope I have made the right choice.
for now.. it is all I can do.
We felt like we needed someone who was
actively learning and working IN the lyme community.
So I am wearing a brace.
My neck is REALLY inflamed.
It hurts to sneeze or cough.
It should be better soon.
praying praying praying.. :)
I am detoxing.
OOooooodles of water
simple foods
not a lot of meat
which is hard for the liver to process.
pineapple
a natural anti inflamatory
rest... lots of rest.
and ice
ice ice ice
another glorious side ailment to
my
LYME life :)
just thought to take a moment to share :)
oh...
you wonder about the kids?
HA!
They are having a blast!
The Princess is sooo enjoying putting all her
"culinary skills" to the test
and making gluten free lunches
and helping Papa with Suppers
She is in her element!
The Prince is stepping up to plate helping with all my needs
and overseeing, and DOING much of the straightening up..
feeling VERY grown up
Buddy is enjoying snuggling up to me
though NOT liking how careful he has to be
because Buddy isn't exactly a careful critter :)
and Petite Lyon is getting spoiled by all the other blessings...
we chat he and I,
he coo's and tells me many things
and I listen and ask questions..
but he DOES get annoyed that I can't just scoop him up and
dance with him in the kitchen
which he REALLY likes for me to do..
but...soon
very very soon..
till then..
I will just stick to tickling tummies
reading stories and
nap time
it should only be a few more days....
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Oh Anika,
I truly hope your feeling much better very soon.
I don't like to hear your suffering.
If I lived near, I would be over to help you with anything, my friend.
But since there are distant miles between us, please know you & yours are always in my prayers and thoughts.
I will be saying extra prayers for you, your neck and for the Lyme to be gone.
Sounds like the kids are having a ball and are gifted in the home cooking dept. ! :)
<3
Pati
Hey girl,
First off, thanks so much for the sweet words of encouragement <3
Secondly, I'm so sorry to hear about that neck of yours! That's just miserable. I know you weren't in a car accident, but I'm sure it feels like you were hit by a 10 foot trailer truck. I truly hope you get some relief soon.
Hang in there, I'm thinking of you!
Candice
Post a Comment