he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life
through reading new books, traveling to new places,
making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints"
Wilfred Peterson
Wilfred Peterson
First however we must walk to our NEW car...
NEW because the other one kept getting vandelized by the locals...
Now we have to PAY a lot of Euros
every day
to keep it in the parking garage
along the Saone River.
And who is this I see...
One of our Friends..
A little secret...
for now...
he is preparing to begin HIS :)
bon jour!
we shall see you later perhaps!
a biento!
YOU live through every day!
Traffic,
congestion,
annoying Traffic Lights !
But Still
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”
Lao Tzu
let us begin!
isn't that just exciting!
a stone wall, more vines, and blue blue blue sky
“I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless,
We do plan on diverging...
We are just THAT sort of people...
this is just the rough starter...
so to give us nice ideas :)
It looks so promising!
“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.”
Lao Tzu
Check
Are we HUGE Wine drinkers
well no..
we are rather NOT big drinkers
but we rather DO like the taste of good wine..
and frankly even if we didn't
this is BEAUTIFUL country, worthy of a trip!
Beaujolais is supposed to be an IDEAL,
like super terrific (catch the enthusiasm)
region for wine tasting,
and
enjoying the glories of God's Creation!
We are passing through more of the valleys...
This is more of the farm country,
we see lot's of different veggies...
this is SO different than when we travel south..
Here we see NO lavendar fields,
no Olive trees,
nope
the soil is richer in appearance less chalky...It is so green!
"Adventure is not outside a man; it is within"
David Gayson
The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him.
He goes "sight-seeing."
Daniel J. Boorstin
Daniel J. Boorstin
Cave
are in search of just THAT!
Wine Cellar...
And each Village has it's specialties,
because the wine culture,
as you can see from these photos utterly dominates the locals lives!
As far as the eye can see...
every square meter of earth has the vines upon it...
"Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.”
Daniel J. Boorstin
Daniel J. Boorstin
J. R. R. Tolkien
Words can not express the sheer JOY in the Lord
we are experiencing this day...
Things are so hard on our BIG adventure in Lyon right now...
and in the midst of it...
He has given us THIS
"This is the day the Lord Hath made...Let us rejoice and be glad in it!"
REJOICING...
just look!
WEEEE these roads are TOO fun!
we think we are in the town of Chiroubles...
it feels VERY much like being in
the TWILIGHT ZONE
....
eeery silence
utterly beautiful
closed shutters
NO people
no children at the park
no one working in the fields
no one anywhere
except the occasional driver,
looking VERY american
and VERY much as creeped out as us!
we do NOT find the
CAVE here...
do you think???
nah?
too twilight zone-ish
I SPYED
this!!!!!
It looked very hobbit-ish...
don't you think?
PINCH ME!!!!!!!!
"great is Thy faithfullness O God My Father...
There is no shadow or turning in thee....
All I have needed
thy hand hath provided...
Great is thy faithfulness Lord unto me"
thank you Lord...for letting me just see this!
and then, to see it with people I LOVE :)
wow...
“I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless,
as it extends into the world around us,
it goes an equal distance into the world within.”
Lillian Smith
Here is the fine lady
there are good smells coming from HERE,
planning? never!
"I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”
I love this guy pictured above! and Love traveling with him! :)
Bon Appetite!
Ah... what a full belly can do...
simply and wonderfully
delightfully
charming!
I am uncertain as to what these mounds are...
Are they grave markers
some sort of prayer walk...
I do not know...
If YOU haen to know what these are...
and want to help me out...
please leave your information in the comment box...
as this Utterly intrigues me :)
This is the town well...
Every every town we have come across has one of these in this area...
come and take a look!
Perhaps so no one out late
drinking ... wine perhaps
might fall into this...
hmm
just my musings...
the children are thrilled
yes, so enthusiastically do they rush to see!
Bacchias!!!!!!
The god of Wine!
did you know???
did you know???
Marc Antony allowed himself to be referred to by this NAME...
so arrogant~
frankly he was hanging out & smooching with Cleopatra
WAY
too much
didn't remember HIS history ..
remember what happened
The cave of Bacchius..
Oh my...
who served us our wine to taste
This is the only place you had to pay
but she gave you a full glass too...It was delicious!
One bottle to bring home!
Merci madame!
a man of God
bless the cave of Bacchias???
I am so laughing
I am so laughing
so so so hard right now...
we thought to try to EAT something...
a full glass of wine, at lunch is NOT something
a full glass of wine, at lunch is NOT something
we American's are accustomed to in
OUR little Village...
it isn't what our village Culture is based on you see...
WE need some FOOD
so we are wandering
with our children through another deserted village in search of FOOD!
Isn't this window pretty?
and the door is open...
We are going IN...
Bonjour!!!
we have food to order,
and someone has a LOT to say!
He is too hungry to talk...
He just wants food...
He is depressed it wasn't on the plate ready for him
like at Oma's house...
didn't the Man KNOW He was walking up the street?
He travels the fastest who travels alone."
Rudyard Kipling
no rushing here...
Let it be KNOWN
the French do not RUSH
it is why
when coming to America they either settled in the deep south
where rushing goes against
the very way of the peoples
or they live in Canada.....
we are ready to mOsEEE!
we are ready to mOsEEE!
&
continue on our
adventure
adventure
just feed us!
:)
on to the very empty streets...
the few peole who ARE in the town, all seem to be in this diner!
Mark Twain
I love this guy pictured above! and Love traveling with him! :)
does this mean food is on the way?
don't ask what that meat is.
it is ???
manna
closed up,
and quiet...
but we are making the MOST of feeling like
we OWN the joint baby!
it also depends on what kind of a person you are”
C.S.Lewis
C.S.Lewis
J. R. R. Tolkien
as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within.”
Lillian Smith
Saved me
thank You for the cross
Your grace simply amazes me...
shut pretty tight...
of a great soul!
what a neat person!
pretty
we have been married this autumn 15 years! :)
together as a "couple" for 18!
and have known each other for nearly 23!
ok, feeling seasoned !
a bit like fine wine!
dear Sister,
I know how you love these fella's!
(isn't that in ecclesiastes?)
Fun!
What a blast!
down the walk from the park...
thinking.... Beef Burgandy... THIS is that region...
I am Horatio Hornblower!
I am here to defete the Frogs!!!!
(Buddy does not connect that Frogs ARE infact the French)
good thing the town is empty
I am having a grand adventure!
I can see so much from up here!
I like this region a lot!
hmmm
do they have one of these in "anglophone" land...
The next "cave" ???
One of the pretty stained glass windows in this beautiful wine cellar
which one will we like?
many thought provoking,
theological,
things...
Written songs that tear at your heart
pry at our conscience
and stretch our minds
and lift our souls to sing along,
and still
he had QUITE the sense of humor...
“Who loves not wine, women and song, Remains a fool his whole life long”
“Who loves not wine, women and song, Remains a fool his whole life long”
Martin Luther
need to figure out how to ship back to the states :)
suggestions welcome!
“Can you tell me please, which way I ought to go from here,” asked Alice.“That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,” said the cat. Lewis Carroll
See where the wine would once pour out???
That would have filled a lot of wine!
are they really worth their weight?
YES! In Gold!
tender, and young
like those blessings of mine
I don't know anymore if we are at caves,
or at private wineries...
I don't really care,
we are having fun
windy roads,
wonderful people to meet,
great company!
Look at this old press!
Lord Byron
Near Chenas I think!
to something really special!
come walk with us on this path!!!
on our left is this pretty piece of property....
Tastings inside!
but first we will receive a lesson in how the windmill worked...
all in French of course!
aren't the dogs cute?



up we go...
A 17th Centure Windmill
With amazing views of the Saone Valley
between our French
and her ancient pocket translation dictionary
we understood her,
and she understood us!
We had a fantastic visit!
We stayed quite a long time,
We stayed quite a long time,
us drinking a bit of her wine,
and the children drinking a bit of her juice.
she is SO a granny type...
ONE MUST have juice for the children!
Fantastic!
a view...
Buddy Inside the windmill :)
:) family inside the windmill
how it works!
you are as lovely as can be!
Mercie!
"Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy."
Benjamin Franklin
Didn't THAT founding father spend a WHOLE lot of time HERE in France...
Didn't THAT founding father spend a WHOLE lot of time HERE in France...
makes you wonder...






2 comments:
this is great, I loved it.
Itis a pleasure to adventure with you ,caspian ,papa and buddy
ki <><
Anika I love all of your photos! I wish I could comment on each one! But I feel as though I have been able to come along and experience the loveliness of your present homeland and your adoration of your dear family. Thank you for sharing your world!!!!
Post a Comment