Well we are hardly the lone Christian with his burden like in Bunyan's Classic "Pilgrim's Progress" but I could not help but enjoy the Pun! Here is Uncle Christian, with the rest of us... We are a grand total of 10 persons... Spanning in age from 3 (nearly 4!) to 40something... and a variety of ages in between... We are preparing to climb a mountain...
yes Uncle Christian is an EXTREME sportsman, and indeed does wonderfully EXCITING things for a living even... as Caspian will aptly retell me... He is also a wonderful and wise father, who has with greatest caution chosen a "mountain" that even our littlest Buddy could climb.. As Sweetie Pie may receive quite the ride upon her Papa's backpack! :)
Plans discussed check
sunscreen on check
hats on check
shoes tied check
THAT mountain check
one of the first exciting things on the trail was a print of some sort. It really set the excitement level HIGH for the boys....
We weren't sure if they would find a BEAR, or a FOX, or an ORG, perhaps a Troll
just keep an eye out!!!
Like the title says... This is NOT the Pilgrim Progressing, with the heavy burden on his back... This is UNCLE Christian, with a Blessing on his back! Just LOOK at Sweetie Pie, who could deny that children are a gift of the Lord? Not I! too too too sweet!
There it is... ANOTHER foot print.. perhaps a match... could it be a FOX??? The hand is there for measurement purposes... These cousins were thinking!
Deep in investigations, the parents of SAID blessings would really prefer to GET the hike UNDERWAY, as the hike is long, the hill is a ways up and stopping every 5 to 8 feet will get old very quickly :) Ah.... an adventure, with in an adventure.... lets run with it!
MAMA!!!!!
a wee discovery!
LOOK! more prints in the mud!
This is the head cow I guess... If all or most of the cows come down the mountain in the fall healthy and alive, they put a wreath of flowers around her and celebrate really really big! If some do not make it, they don't have so many flowers, the people figure that she and they others are mourning the losses.
Bond the photgrapher...
I love the view of the mountains beyond the cows...
a glimpse
And sunshine will brighten our days :)
Dinner time back at the House!
sunscreen on check
hats on check
shoes tied check
THAT mountain check
We weren't sure if they would find a BEAR, or a FOX, or an ORG, perhaps a Troll
just keep an eye out!!!
and really
really
really digging the whole experience....
this place is JUST what the man needed after that horrible week at work!
Please don't tell me that these are NOT buttercups
I really don't know that i want to know...
i really don't know that I care...
they just are
they are buttery
they are the color of golden sunshine,
they are growing on the mountain side
and it makes me happy just to THINK they are buttercups....
I am comfortable with being wrong about something
so silly...
are YOU ok with it?
such a boy...
such a darling lovable messy, sweaty, kissable little boy!
ooo I love him!
He is LOVE love LOVING the woods!
Seems Sweetie pie wants to have a stretch of her legs...
Yet Uncle Christian wants a work out...
He asked for any volunteers
and the only one who wanted a ride
Rajah Bond
It takes a Bavarian Mountain Man to do that...
he must have a secret chiropractor we just do not know about...
amazing!
and Sweetie Pie wanted it WELL understood that this "Tante" was really
HER Mommy,
:)
Just in case there was confusion about that,
so, Tante Sandy was blessed with LoVe on both sides!!!
And a delightful walking companion in Princess KI
took a break to wait for the gang...
We sat on a nice bench
and he told me all about many things...
He told me my German was good..
I thanked him,
as I have always spoken good 2nd grade Deutsch...
It's the adult kind I stink at.
Walking down the street..."
they have the funniest ways to walk
everyone OOO yea!!!!!!!
remember that song from the Monkeys?
I loved that song as a girl...
When ever I am walking in a group,
anywhere,
I have this URGE to just start singing it,
or some Homespun variation of it like I was on Broadway or something..
You will be so proud to know..
I refrained from ruining the peace of the beautiful surroundings...
His poor Tante...
she has NEVER really had
THIS sort of quality time with Buddy
and he really wants to make sure
that he serves up triple portions...
She has missed out on a whole lot of HIS life,
on his thoughts
dreams
aspirations
imaginations
so much to tell
so little time...
aren't walks wonderful...
so much for peace and quiet...
Buddy says he can not go any further...
but guess what..
only 200 m to go!
we thought there would be goats
but she says cows are better
who knew?
maybe because their pupils aren't rectangular..
that always creeps me out
those weird goat eyes...
He has survived...
He has done well...
i think of the stories of the Princess and the Goblin...by George Macdonald...
or Heidi...
or sing "climb every mountain...."
or
"doe a deer, a female deer, Ray a drop of golden sun"
this is SO Julie Andrews....
well, she is in my head singing anyways...
it gives it such an image....
I could lie down here... hang out
rest, nap
hang out with the Lord....
this is a good place...
"this is the day the Lord hath made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it"
I am so glad to be here
THIS day!
Either way, they celebrate the return of the cows..
Makes me think of Tolkiens
Return of the King..
someone could REALLY do a funny spoof on that...
RETURN OF THE COW!!
coming this autumn to a Village NEAR YOU!
If anyone has photo's of this I would LOVE to see them, please send!!
May the Lord of ALL, grant these creatures a healthy season!
May the people celebrate Him, and His goodness, with flowers upon the cows!
they want to hand feed them...
the sweet children will get stung by nettles..
and it will hurt..
no photos of the drama...
sorry, busy nurturing...
after a LOT of patience on the childrens part
and I do mean a LOT
they really had to coax these big beasts with juicy grasses from they "other side"
because we all know
the grass is always greener
on the OTHER side!
spy camera work in training?
no just snapping pictures of family and cows
I suspect
Watch out for the stinging nettles...
They are real
NOT just something from our nursery rhymes...
Down hill
so nice..
I liked sitting on the mountain..
We were able to see the Army base we were at on Friday!
We were able to see the Army base we were at on Friday!
I like the waterfalls
I like the Alps!
I rather like this photo...
it is one for the keeps...
not so long from now,
Caspian will be a whole lot taller
a whole lot bigger
his boyhood it is speeding up now...
and this will be a lovely memory
I have several photos like this one...
I think that I will do something with them when I get home.
I love the lighting
I love the soft undertones of the grass beneath the towering trees...
doesn't make the stories of your childhood just come alive in your memory?
Are you not just waiting for a fairy archer to come bounding out from behind the trees,
or some Roman Soldiers to come marching?
Or a woodland nymph to sprit along?
And yet the shadows...
shadows are often referred to as overpowering, overbearing...
"yea though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death
I will fear no evil
for Thy rod and Thy Staff they comfort me...."
I never understood why they say this at a funeral for the person who is gone...
It is for the trial...
It is for the shadowy place between those sunny mountain top experiences with God...
Those times when all starts becoming shadow...
and the Shadow is the shadow of death
it is not death
it just wants to scare us with death
scare us to death
so the Psalmist writes
I Will fear NO evil
for Thy Rod and Thy Staff they comfort me
The word and the Spirit comfort me...
I fear no evil...
So shadowy spots make way to HOPE
and JOY
and what lies ahead
it is a REAL bonding experience for him
He is LOVING his Tante
and
came down a mountain...
well, it rather felt like we went up a mountain and came down a hill....
ACTUALLY
It was a blast!!!
With MORE Real Bavarian Pretels
and what could be better for our last night than
They were Wunderbar!
Finally a photo of Willy!
So camera shy :)
and so offended by Rob putting his big feet on his chair!
Really, can't a dog just have is own seat!
How Rude...
silly American
as Christian's favored soccer team was defeated.
we hope to cheer him up!
they must be corn, and all bunch up like a ball,
Uncle Rob
bounces, and bounces and bounces
while they bop all about and giggle like crazy
and much much play,
after a fine good meal
the children are out to sleep
and the chocolates are on the table to EAT
and the men are making music !
What a lovely end to another terrific day with family!!!!!!!!
Too bad it is our last night together...
time to look at the calendar to see WHEN
we can come again!
:)






No comments:
Post a Comment