Thursday, June 04, 2009

Nightmares, the boogieman and things that creep in the night AAAAhhh!!

Finally we caught one!
We have decided his name is "CREEPY NIGHTMARE"
How do you like our new pet...
We all hope he dies soon... of suffocation...
Does that sound cruel
sorry, I have cruel children...
They play with snails for fun,
& yet watch insects that terrorize them die of suffocation for pure RELIEF
.... I do not know if anyone is getting pleasure from it..
they just walk past him...
And call him "CREEPY NIGHTMARE BUG"

We don't know what he is....
Where the rest of his family is, how many more of them there are...
but we figure there are more, because "CREEPY NIGHTMARE" is not the first...
just the first to be caught alive...
some have escaped.. to give room to nightmares,
others have been killed.. smashed into the bottom of shoes....

Here he is enjoying in all his glory...
Stuck in his prison...
Do you like it.. ?
It is rather nice I think..
Not all prisons can boast such a view...

His antenna is long and there is a string coming out his ... behind...
a web of some sort.. ?
we do NOT know...
he wiggles like this...
He is so specked in color, and silver on top...
they are not all like that..
some are more silvery...

and I thought I hated spiders...
with their creepy 8 legs...
well, officially let me tell you, as much as i do NOT like spiders...
I really do NOT like this...
What EVER this is..

How would you like to see this scamper across YOUR floor and then RIGHT up the wall?
Only to stay there, like a spider does? HUGE and menacing...

O how it can move, the grace and fluidity of this creature simply give me the creeps...
The first time Caspian tried to describe the one that got away...
Princess accused him of imagining things before bed...
trying to scare little Buddy...etc..
it was quite a drama...
yet the story of this monster seemed so unlikely...
Poor Caspian...
His wild tale was TRUE...
We are all in agreement, this sucker can shrink in size as needed...
It was MUCH larger on the wall...
I did NOT think the glass would contain him, and as it was, it did catch part of his leg...
He is now, tearing off one leg at a time...
and eating him self as needed...
All part of a day of "nature study" here at the Home School Villa...

Now if only we could find out WHAT this thing IS...
if you know, please contact us!

We have had a few of them, and we think they should only be around lots of dead bodies,
and there are none here..
none that we know of anyways...

Well........
There is the hidden basement we can't get into..

5 comments:

Teri said...

that bug is wicked cool! I need to know what it is!

Alicia said...

Yes I know.........its called the common house centiped. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutigera
Once in a while we will see one in our house. They are harmless but gross. They eat things like spiders and silver fish and they're gross too.

I feel ill. Have fun watching your science project die.

sweetnika said...

Thanks Alicia!
It moves like the kinds back home, but... it is so much... BIGGER... it is like on steroids or something... it just seemed impossible that it was a centipede.. ours at home, are so tame compared to this monster...

The Mediterranean kind I was reading huh? ick! He has one leg left....

Saralyn said...

Sorry to tell you this, but we do have these in CL--the kids found one at the library once and brought it home to study.

sweetnika said...

Was it THIS big? gee I have live in northern IL my whole life (except when adventuring), and have seen too many centipedes to count... THIS thing is HUGE, the glass is very deceptive... it is at leat, at least 2-3 inchs JUST the body.. with legs spread 4-6... when i say big.. I mean big...and this wasnt the biggest we have seen...
perhaps I was just very blessed to only see babies in IL... hmmmm possible.. I am not 40 yet.. anything is possible.. YUCK