Friday... Market day
Fresh Produce,
Fresh Cheese,
I think this is one aspect of European City Living
that I shall NEVER fail to miss...
I love going to market...
I love coming home and taking pictures of the bounty foraged in Urban Jungle
I love sinking my teeth into the delectable and tasting their distinctions....
I am for the most part, NOT a city girl
but this unique display, varying in such global proportions, arrayed in the city, 6 days a week
I have never found in the "Saturday's & only in the Summer" American Small Town farmers markets...
this is something I shall miss....
walking to market each day...
eating my way to a smaller dress size...
yummy yummy France....
SMALLER dress size???
yes...
I have discovered I do believe, how it is the French gals stay so thin....
A theory according to ME
Dine out in France
a Culinary Delight
your plate indeed shall be quite the sight
it shall really wet your appetite
and leave you hungry all the night
forget ordering a second bite
you wallets now empty, yes, quite...
Grocery Shop in the City ?
Walk a Kilometer or two or three , sure it's pretty!
up a hill past a tree, over a bridge o the city!
sweat profusely,
drink some tea
Grocery Shop in the City ?
Walk a Kilometer or two or three , sure it's pretty!
up a hill past a tree, over a bridge o the city!
sweat profusely,
drink some tea
Driving, driving, really?
to the store you say
double parking is so fun, hey!
The store is so big
the fridge is so small
the freezer fits the ice cube tray!
Remember while shopping
one really ought to fit
all you buy into suitcases, to run down the street
when double parking in France, one doesn't want to get hit..
To Market you say?
Nearly every, every day,
walking, hiking with your granny cart
filling it up at the mart
with fresh produce of every kind
such splendor to boggle the mind
Walking and sweating,
pushing and grabbing
buying and haggling
for an hour or more,
all our there in the fresh out doors
walk on home, pushing and pulling
over the bridge and past the trees
up those stairs yes so many
you can do it yes you can!
fall on the floor
and just breath
wait five minutes it will pass,
breathing normal?
put that food away,
watch them eat it,
tomorrow is another day
do it all again!
My theory as to why the French are so thin....






2 comments:
I'm on my way over for dinner
me too i'm on the way over for a super supper. =)
Post a Comment