It's always lit up at night,
we see in in all our pictures,
we KNOW it isn't far from the Basillica...
But we have YET to see it up close..
at least they were not steep..
But they put our 127 to shame...
I am beginning to think God put us at the top of the 127, to get us sort of ...
WARMED up..
feeling the burn, and the sun is RIGHT in our faces,
This is when we met Frank...
Frank is Chinese... From China, but studying in Texas
So Frank... speaks English...
I could photo graph every 200 stairs, or so, but honestly,
it would get boring...
isn't Buddy cute!
He is so enthusiastic!
He is dancing on the stairs!
Check out the view! We are so high up!!! Up up up we climb this narrow way :)
LOVE this VIEW
TA DAH !!! We have found the Tower! Victory!
OO OO LOOK! We can see Bellacour from up here!
And the "twin towered church" as the children like to refer to that particular Cathedral
Look Mama! The Opera House and the Hotel de Ville!
Well our time with M. Frank must end, so we say Au Revoir Mr. Frank!!!
And begin the climb down... Isn't it pretty! Evening is here, is is about 7 pm now..
Where you can not see them anymore is NOT where they end,
it is where the stairs bend...
too pretty! :)
Looking over the view of the city, before me is the Saone River,
then Down Town, then the next green area is the trees along the Rhone river,
and beyond the greater city....
the lighting seemed still good... But...
Buddy chose THIS spot....
and one thing we all know about the giggles
is they are catchy
Princess is so encouraging...
Caspian is just enjoying it all..
Buddy just can NOT stop...
Princess has signaled me it is NOT going to happen here..
And Caspian is just enjoying himself...
They had so much fun with it...
I think their poses turned out well... what do you think?
This is SO great!
It just screams ... I am 10.... I have so much before me.. Isn't life great!
LOVE this one :) Like he is ready to BURST into his teen years... I hope they are filled with wonder and joy for him... He is such a neat guy...
I love my Buddy! He is so kissable, squeezable, huggable, loveable, so very 4 1/2! :)
Hiding in the garden....
It just screams ... I am 10.... I have so much before me.. Isn't life great!
I love how they get themselves into position... rarely do I even have to give a suggestion...
It is fun to work and play with them.. I really like this photo :)
Buddy is so super cool!
He climbed up all by himself too!
determined
Set
beautiful
smart
Princess
thoughtful
thinking...
... hmmm aren't they lovely?
The purple is beginning to glow in the coming twilight
a long walk, and someone found a place to rest
a place near the flowers........... smart thinking
We really are like the flower that fades... our time here is but fleeting..
She was born... yesterday I think...
Tiny, curly haired, screaming, and beautiful....
Where did those arms and legs come from?
Beautiful, with much promise!
Praise God for promises..
May she have a joyful life,
and a heart full of Christ
A place of quiet contemplation..
A place to remember the Saints...
This is a rose bush of some kind and I just adore it! It makes me want to smile!
Look at the view! from up here :)
This is in a caged cave... an artists depiction of Christ... ? Princess discovered it!
but I was thrilled with the way the pale pink of this rose was still absorbing the light...
The purity of it, reflecting the light of the Sun...
O might I be like that... may I be so light, that I too would reflect the Son's glory....
even in Twilight
and I am so enjoying this time with Princess KI...
She has lots to talk about,
and I for once have nothing to do but listen...
I am all ears...
What will fill her heart, her mind, her time, her days...
For now, I am glad we can fill it with Love, Family, Christ Jesus, many adventures, lovely flowers, gardens to wander through, good books, delicious food, wonderful music, and for this season... France...
I like that they like one another enough to stop themselves and sit and chat...
just like that...
I thank God that I was able to capture that...
for years from now, they may cherish this photo...
this moment.. this memory..
isn't it striking... time to tarry on our way..
It is 8pm and we need to get dinner ready,
Papa has called he will be home for dinner soon!
Boston, Chicago, Lyon...
I have to say, I never expected to really love a city...
I think I do... I think Lyon will always have a place in my heart...
We certainly are making memories here...






2 comments:
What a lovely time! I especially treasured the beautiful comments you gave of your children. It is clear that you adore them.
That was fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment