My nephews had a little assignment,
to run as many km as possible at the old US army base.
They had already gone around and tried to get folks to sponsor money per km they run/walk, and however many they were stamped is how much they would end up raising.
We all know the drill. In the US it might be miles, here it is km.
All proceeds to go to the Orphanage of a town close by.
How wonderful!
We were excited to go and see them do their thing!
It being on an old United States Army base that was closed down only made it more thrilling
at least for my little boys
oh well
oh well
the big ones too
I liked his bike!
It uses real tires!
heavy car tires
and I think that must give him
a REAL hearty Bavarian work out!
it is pretty cool
an age long since past... well
not quite so long
but surely past
I don't know if it is a
"well i'm proud to be an American".. (song in the back round)
as much as
"wow, a REAL HELICOPTER and no one around to say DON'T touch!"
I rather think it is the latter
Buddy was thrilled he could touch it
investigate it
explore it
and just plain LOOK at it
he did not care a lick if it rained on his parade....
this was fantastic!
but it is one of her baby dolls
she is being a good mother :)
INSIDE
the helicopter
determined by Caspian to most likely be
a medical helicopter
aren't the cousins cute!?
He is photographing me
while I photograph him
love it!
do you see him in the green?
Look at all the Kilometers Bond has run..
yes Bond stands for james bond...
like the spy...
this one is wiley
and his english fantastic...
he'll be one to learn all the languages
and get from point a to point b with out you realizing he left yet...
YES
they were a bit
competative
too cute
Much discussion about whether or not...
could we
but I love his raingear
could we
should we
will we be allowed
will we get in trouble
what if we get caught
who cares
what do your parents think?
mmm
and it is decided!
those crazy american kids are running and not even raising any euros
why
??
they just want to be a part of it
join the spirit of the thing
and
burn some much needed
seriously excessive energy
bonding
silly play!
is AT all a barrier
they really are having a blast!
of two wonderful lads
I want to frame this one...
I hope these two cousins always have a great relationship
regardless of where they live on this big green and blue sphere
sweaty
out of breath
but I do believe he got stamped
for
11 km
wow!!!!
That is AMAZING
Way to be endure!
Way to raise money for the orphanage!
We are so proud of you Racer!
Good Work!
You are so the "racer"!!!
Watch out World
this fella is one serious competitor!
very inclusive
This is the View we had as the kids were running :)
Stopping off @ the Bergmeister means something YUMMY this way comes....mmmm
This Bergmeister is the "favored" baker it would seem, and I am looking forward to what ever yummy's Christian has run in to grab!
again!
again!
That was so fun!
We are standing IN the rain
to watch the boys in their run
to rain, to pour, to let the sun shine, to drizzle hmmm
It was actually
a great day for
making great memories
with a great family
&What a view!
Lord of all Creation!
I am in awe
It is rainy and dreary, yet the absolute charm of their community is still evident!
I do so enjoy the old Deutsch architecture, the yellow and dark brown is quintessential Deutschland!

OH yes!!! 
OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!The grand PRETZEL as only
a Good German Baker can Bake
(and I say this with all the absolute pride and arrogance as only a TRUE blue German)
sorry...
every ethnic group has IT's THING...
this IS one of those "German" things. :)
that and beer,
sauerkraut...
hmm
and HERE they are
I thought you'd like to see them
UP CLOSE
sort of Personal :)
sort of Personal :)
yummy
Pretzel
it is called Obazda
and it is a blending of 4 different cheeses
and it is wonderful!
it too was good...
hmmm
Yep
it is!
and showed her some photo's too,
well with it raining today,
She was NOT to be outdone by some French snails
take a look at this snail from Deutschland
it has very long (perhaps longer) antenna thingy's.
are you impressed? I was.
Sweetie Pie with her Papa...
Two things very cool in this photo
One is Uncle Christian's socks...
We were trying to get him to wear lederhosen with these cool socks and shoes
as we were getting ready to go to the Hoffbrau Haus in Munich!
No Go though... Tante Sandy put a stop to THAT :) ha ha
WE would have worn them WITH
Uncle if WE were as cool as HE is
2nd cool thing in this photo...
a tv on the fridge???
wooo hoo
technology






No comments:
Post a Comment