Thursday, May 07, 2009

Wallace's ...That don't sound very French MUM

Could it be? Can you Parle? What ever does that sign say???? O me, O my... Tis it true... have I found a Pub for my Love so True?You Betcha I did! Not only did I find such a Pub or me Man, Me man of English Name, but I found it awful close too! And took him there! :)doesn't he just look so happy to be here? If he looks thin, it is because the food here is a bit tricky! He does NOT like blood sausage, Frog legs, snails, RAW ham, Tartar, most ANY organ meats (though I do get him to try something with THAT as an ingredient), and so you can see, this really NARROWs the list.... Baguettes, pastries and wine, with cheese, can really only go so far! It was time to fatten this guy up!
Don't it seem strange, a Scotch/British Pub in MIDDLE of Vieux Lyon France, with some grand Rugby match happening on the inside? Well, most of the folks spoke English, even all the Staff, it felt like we landed on the wee Island herself! Even the Patrons, many of them, were trying their hand at the language, :) It was GRAND to hear the language of our home spoke... if not with an odd twang... British English/American English .... Australian English........ To the French we are all just a bunch of Anglophones anyway, so who CARES???


:) Long days walk, some one was thirsty!
funny face
Funnier face ;) She wasn't thrilled about the appetizer we ordered that had some sort of stomach involved... what EVER! But I do believe THAT face was about all the graffiti along the river walk... She was REALLY in a dander over THAT!

And this was the gracious Lady Colette from Australia who served us... It was only her 1st week, and she was wonderful! So friendly, and a REAL Anglophone :) woo hoo, we like Colette!

Wallace's food... Aside from atmosphere, which Wallace has APLENTY, they do in fact have a nice someone working in their kitchen... While the menu is not huge, the food was delicious, very unique, right down to their own homemade tartar sauce for the fish and chips, and frankly it was the BEST DANG SAUCE I EVER HAD!!! They also gave such a whopping huge piece of fish I could not finish it, and had to pass it over to Rob, who was thrilled to oblige! Important to note, FRESH cut fries, none of this frozen and deep fried stuff, these were the real deal, and tasted ever bit of it! Yeah for a really great pub meal at Wallace's in Vieux Lyon right on the River!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kathryn Grace said...

Mmm, looks good! So Mr. Cornforth doesn't like weird foods, eh? I agree for the most part, but he doesn't know what he's missing with snails. :-) Ok, so not just plain snails but snails drowned in garlic butter... aka ESCARGOT.... and then you take your bread and dip it in that garlic butter.... YUMMY!!! :-)

Alicia said...

Hey Cornforths! Thanks for all the hard work updating your blog,you do a great job. Great pics. Gotta love that Kiah funny face :)Pleased to see that you found a yummy pub for some good eats. Those little tart things sure look good,mmmmmm!