Yet our God has a sence of humor, and in the midst of our LAND hunting, He has sought to bring us not just to a City, but to the Busy district of a City... To Lyon... And I find, I am really enjoying my time here... It is a gift from the Lord being here... Here are some of the sounds of Lyon... I hope you enjoy
I thought to put on some musicians ... here are two of my favorites... the one on above however was taken at the tail end of their set... and they took a break after this... so I will try again sometime...
This guy though, he is fabulous... be sure to keep a look out towards the end when the little girl goes up to him to try to play the accordion with him, watch what he does :) He is so great!
The thing about this recording is, it took my kids a minute to catch on to what I was doing. Buddy in Particular, and so I had to scold him a bit, and I don't know if you hear that on the video... OPPS :) I am leaning against a barricade to steady myself, and I have space for Buddy to dance, which is what he likes to do, the problem is that it is close to a street, and Buddy started swinging from the Barricade! Well, I don't care about being bumped, but Buddy is VERY clumsy lately, and the roads in Vieux Lyon are as narrow as my VAN back home in America in some parts, and this, as you guessed it, was one of those streets... Yet the drivers , drive FAST, JUST like you see in the movies, (no HOLLYWOOD is NOT exaggerating how the French drive down their streets) so I was so stressed that he would get hit....
This is my 3rd try at getting a video of our favorite accordion player... perhaps one day I will get a better one, but for now, Well this is it... He waves at us and says a greeting when ever he sees us in the city, where ever we might be... Street musicians have MORE than one favorite spot... We are on Week 3 here in Lyon, and people are starting to SEE us now, just like when we'd live in a hotel... We are no longer
Invisible.
Enjoy the music, just remember, to pause mine, scroll to the bottom of this blog, and click pause :) When you are done listening, just scroll back real quick and put the tunes back on to keep reading, it's rather nice that way :)






No comments:
Post a Comment