Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Middle Earth... at least a little Glimpse

Red poppy's........... all along the road, paving our way to Middle Earth, to the Mediterranean.... I am a passionate person... or so I have been told. When I love someone, or something, I simply DO. I love them, or it with all that I am.. It becomes a part of me. I love history, I love literature, I love culture, and as you can imagine, this trip is oozing all of that for me. Years ago in our home studies we learned that the name Mediterranean means "Middle Earth"... it was so exciting because we discovered various other little unknown riddles to us, embedded with in the wonderful works of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien. Many of you may know it was Tolkien, along with another friend who led fellow author, C.S. Lewis to the Lord. Lewis had been a staunch atheist, and this friendship, proved to be one that lasted a lifetime. Both of these authors have had such an influence upon me, along with an author I wonder if you have heard of. He was actually one of their mentors! His name is George MacDonald... He wrote some of the best and first fantasy classics, and his faith is evident through out his books... I only write it here, because I see it everywhere I look... like ink, or stains on the wall.... red poppy on the side of the road.................

lovers...

sailboats... are we here?walking on the boardwalk!
YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!! could I be more excited?

what a view........... sweeping, breathtaking, simply wonderful!


YES!

They had difficulty getting their suits on, but with some careful maneuvering it was accomplished!

lots of playing!

Buddy is GRIEVED....
sand is sticky
and it doesn't come off if you get WET!!!
yep
..... Buddy is LOUD!!!
yep
that obnoxious American kid is
OURS
:)
and we LOVE him !!!
MAMA!!!poor me!


let me crawl closer... perhaps she will sympathise as I try to get this all over HER
he sure is cute, but I have been through THIS before
and I am NOT
falling for it !
Big kids take him to the sea! wash the little man off if you can!



I am HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy!

Princess Ki Trying with all her grace to encourage said sinner.... but.. to no avail

Dad is NOT sad


We could rinse him in this :) just kidding, we will dry him off in the sun and rub him down, ice cream fixes most everything....
we did not bring towels....
we don't have any...
we are adventurers!!
the wind really did pick up and the sand was quite smashing us brutally, so we packed up and walked about, the children needing to dry off...

It really did remind us of California here...

see those sandy feet... female hobbit?

cool young hobbit?

Buddy is happy again, he wanted to sit proper and have a nice photo taken.
This was the one HE liked!
Do you like it too?

This was the pretty tree we parked by, I rather liked our parking view, and I got to enjoy it for a while too! Each of the Children needed to change out of their sandy wet swimsuits into normal clothing once again... all under cover of one kitty cat blanket... very funny adventures! All this AFTER we went to Avignon! We stopped off at a rode side stand on the way home for wine, olive oil and lavender oil, oh yes and strawberries, all from this region. It was quite the jam packed day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Castles, Bridges, beaches oh MY, how much adventuring have YOU done lately?

4 comments:

kiah said...

hee hee hee hee hee haa haa haa
you are funny, it was a fun day

Alicia said...

Good idea Kiah to show the video for the shopping bag.....otherwise I wouldn't have understood what a brilliant invention it is.
Looks like you all had a fun day at the beach with the Papa.....windy looking.........but pretty :) Yes I do like Buddy's picture, too cute. Glad to hear that you all are ABSOLUTELY loving your stay in Lyon and are squezzing every drop of enjoyment out of it. Have fun!

As far as MY adventuring (insert sound of crickets) not a whole lot. I live in Sycamore IL in a condo. I did have a carmel frap from starbucks it made me kinda hyper.
May the Lord continue to bless your adventuring in Lyon :)

Anonymous said...

Is it always beautiful there? Sure looks that way! Or maybe it's the beautiful adventurers that make that place look so heavenly! Oh, and love the cart...wow...so nifty!
We are due to get thunderstorms and possibly hail here tonight and tomorrow (Wednesday)
Bring the beauty home with you...please!
Mrs. Selby

Saralyn said...

Very nifty! Your pictures and stories almost make me WANT to leave the country. You've convinced me that foreign food (at least French food) is edible, but I've still got the hang-ups over foreign languages and foreign bathrooms.