There are things that are just fairly ... I don't know... I suppose... distinctly American... there. I have said it. Seeing as I grew up in a distinctly German home in America, I realize that not all my little oddities are distinctly American, so correct me if I am wrong... Perhaps what I am discovering here, instead of being something distinctly American, is rather... distinctly... UN-French
they don't snack like we do..... perhaps like some of us do... but not like many or most of us do... EVEN my friends who have what we refer to as a "sweet tooth", still enjoy a bowl of buttery popcorn now and then....
or
chips and salsa
potato chips
fritos
nachos
salty peanuts or some such thing....
In MOST groceries I have walked through in the jolly ol' US of A, there are fairly equal distribution in the snack isles... if there are not two distinct isles all together... One for salty, one for sweet.
you know, one for the oreo fans...
One for the Twinkies, and Sara Lee folk....
One for Jay's and Doritos people....
Here there are two isles at the big store, but almost all of both are little cakes... and cookies and sweeet delicates....
I don't do sweet delicates UNLESS.....
It is DESSERT Time... THAT is ALL together different from SNACK issues !!!
So check out these two yummy treats I bought! One is Citron (Lemon) The other, I think it is obvious... CHOCOLATE :) Bon Appetite
oh, and no these weren't found in the snack isle, but at our local favorite baker! Thanks Elana!






1 comment:
Oh my goodness, I LOVE French food... those look to die for!!
Post a Comment