Monday, May 11, 2009

More fun friday foto's

What a scary looking lion gargoyle guy!
Lyon is the Lion after all so I suppose it is only befitting!
Here is a VERY important dead French man.
It is a shame that I could not get his name...
I am not meaning to butcher the French heritage in ANY way...
I was meaning in fact to honor this man...
but his name eludes me
and I can not read it in the plaque below either...
oops

pretty fancy fountain!


even prettier girl!
oh wait, she's NOT
French
she's....
no don't say it...
American
and...
yep
German...
simply Gorgeous!
Look MOM!!!
Remember these, ooh How I loved these when i was a girl...
I had so many colors and so many patterns, seeing this store display brought back memories of my
CLOSET!
made me want to buy a pair too...
I was leaning toward the blue plaid on the right... whadya think?
One thing we detest about Lyon...
or perhaps all of FRANCE..
who knows upon further travels it may be Europe
is Graffiti.
so so so much
EVERY place you look it seems
to be on even beautiful old buildings...
the young people here have NO respect,
no VALUE for their heritage
no LOVE of their own country
culture
and frankly we just DO NOT get it.
but this was cool, because This was a mural, and someone, sort of took a wall
that normally would be wrecked and ruined
and made it fun!
all the way to the TOP!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cornforths!
Specifically Caspian, Princess KI, and Buddy...
You all must be having a fabulous trip over there. The photos your lovely mother has posted here tells me that you are experiences so many beautiful things. Hope you all didn't forget that yesterday was Mother's Day!! Bet your mom could use a foot massage after all that walking she's doing!
Enjoy yourselves!!
Love,
The Selbys