Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cavity Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confession time...
i am NOT a lover of the dentist...
they are a little like...
vampires or something to me...
I wish I could wear garlic or something to avoid having to see them...
I actually have had HORRIBLE experiences with dentists...
one including nearly dying at the hands of one...
THAT said...
I, like any good mother, do not wish to pass on my phobia's to my children...
and YET
think the whole
THOU MUST SEE THE DENTIST EACH
and EVERY  6 MONTHS
is perhaps
not Gospel Truth....
so I push my luck...
because we are a family that brushes,
flosses,
eats hearty foods,
and takes vitamins & probiotics...
not to mention, we are NOT big juice & soda drinkers
but HUGE water drinkers....
so I feel safe  trusting in the LORD and pushing things...
but I never meant to push things as far as I pushed them...
 ooooops...
I thought the kids saw the Dentist last April...
but... that was when they should have seen her
because I had skipped the 6 month and was hitting for a year mark...
but then I was sick,
and then we went to France....
opps...
So... THAT said...
we went today...
and at just 4 months shy of 2 years.... they were
CAVITY FREE!!!!!!!!!!!
a PERFECT review!  The dentist
was ALL SMILES
and she couldn't believe what she saw!!!!!!

Praise the LORD!
she asked WHAT we did,
and I told her..
we avoid Flouride AS much as possible,
floss and brush like MAD
eat as many WHOLE foods as possible,
don't really drink juices unless WE juiced them,
we are a smoothie family,
that chuggs water like it was ALL the fashion
we take our vitamins, fish oil & probiotics
and PRAY ... yes PRAY even for our teeth..
because God is AWESOME
and our insurance SUCKS :)
she laughed and said to KEEP up the good work!

Caspian gets to meet with an Ortho about maybe getting braces,
and get this...
HE WANTS THEM!!!!
God LOVE that boy!
How blessed am I? 
(just shout to the four corners of the world UN-believably!!!!!!!!
and Hear the four corners respond in unison AMEN!)

so Prayers ANSWERED!!!!!!!
no cavities!
perhaps sealants....
perhaps braces :)
phew~~~ ;)
great news!

and she BACKED off on the whole DRAMA surrounding flouride...
at least for now...
so much controversy...
so many opinions...
and my thoughts are STILL OUT...
but I sure am thrilled! :)
But since eating more like Sally Fallon and Mary Enig talk about in their book
NOURISHING TRADITIONS
we've had NO NEW  CAVITIES!!!!!!!
and I just want to dance ;)
Praising the Lord~~ ~!

No comments: