This summer I had HIGH hopes of seeing the movie Julie & Julia in the Theater....
and ever the reader...
I first read the biography of Julia Child..
how I missed France as I read her words...
how I laughed, and was charmed with shared experiences of same locations visited, or similar thoughts as Americans living in France...
I grew to really admire this woman !
What a woman!
and then I read
"Julie & Julia"...
WHO knew anyone could cuss SO much!!!!!!!
or drink so much ..
(and it's not EVEN good French wine for goodness sakes!!!!!)
well, I could tell right off, that it'd make a darling movie.
Yet as far as books went, I figure it would be one to chuck out the window...
seriously NOT worth the read...
don't bother...
So... tonight I finally watched the movie...
and it was ....
ok..
i loved Julia.. thought it HYSTERICAL that they got Meryl S. to play the part, but they did a good job of making her "seem" tall :) and it was fun to see her cast with that same fun guy she played with in "The Devil wears Prada"... (I sooooo need to work on name recognition.. HE IS SOOO great! sorry Mr Wonderful .. I simply think you're lovely!) anyways.. great seeing THEM team up...
and Julie didn't swear so much, and wasn't as mean to her husband though it WAS illuded to... and she seemed more put together in the movie... and ... her kitchen is cleaner in the movie... basically in the book, she is gross...
So my review... is .. it is alright... especially if you are studying Julia Child or something... or get it at REDBOX cheap, or the library for FREE.... I personally would NOT go and buy this film...
** the scenes of Paris, of Shakespeare and Co., of the marketplaces ... made me cry.... but I am very emotional, and I don't think it had ANYTHING to do with the film making, but rather... France and it's effect on me emotionally.... I miss it...
so that's my thought on that at nearly midnight...
off to bed with me :)
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment